VTTW Board Index
May 07, 2024, 09:00:38 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I have watched the videos of the celebration a couple of times  (Read 5388 times)
RockinGrannyVol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: October 20, 2013, 03:37:16 EDT »

and it still gives me chills....but I can't help but think about this:  Some of those same fans wanting to "high five" Worley yesterday were the same fans booing him a few weeks ago.   This is the exact reason I NEVER, EVER boo our own players.  I was upset with his lack of play, I was calling to try another QB...BUT I never ever booed him, nor would I ever boo one of my own players.  This is just me.

This young and undermanned team has progressed week to week -- they still are making mistakes, they still are having a bad quarter (3rd to be exact) -- but we as fans, well us realistic fans, knew going into this season we were NOT going to be a very good team.   We don't have the SEC level talent, we don't have the depth.   

But guess what?  They are getting better -- you could FEEL it yesterday...they were confident, they were energized, they KNEW they could win that game.  The UGA game did a lot, I think, to prove to these kids they can compete if they give it their all.   Yesterday, they KNEW they could complete -- and they pulled out the win.   Is it due to Butch Jones and staff?  ABSOLUTELY -- you just have to compare this team to last years team and there is no comparison...even though most of the players are the same.   What a HUGE difference a year can make with a real leader and a great staff!!!   

I am so damn excited about the future for the Tennessee Vols!  I can't wait to see what Butch can do with a couple of years of his recruits in here......THE TENNESSEE VOLS ARE BACK!!!! WOOOO!!!   

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2013, 03:49:18 EDT »

Yes we are getting better week to week.  I noted elsewhere that I believe we actually played better overall against the pups but we executed better when we had to yesterda and that was the key. 

Yesterday the defense made the stops they didn't two weeks ago.

Life is good and the future is bright.

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Creek Walker
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2013, 03:59:47 EDT »

Yesterday the defense made the stops they didn't two weeks ago.

The way the defense owned the final 10 minutes of the game makes me absolutely giddy. I had some serious doubts about Jancek. Not so many now. We are still having issues with getting the proper personnel on the field. In fact, that happened too often yesterday. And our guys are still taking poor pursuit angles a lot. But this D is improving by leaps and bounds right now. Looking forward to seeing how they hold up against Alabama.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: