VTTW Board Index
May 07, 2024, 07:06:30 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lady Vols  (Read 8785 times)
RockinGrannyVol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: March 26, 2016, 03:57:06 EDT »

Where did this team come from tonight??   Just shows what they should have done all season!  23-10 end of first qtr.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2016, 05:01:57 EDT »

Where did this team come from tonight??   Just shows what they should have done all season!  23-10 end of first qtr.

scoring in the paint and rebounds

If they can tighten up their passing and keep their intensity on the glass (they tend to lose intnsity periodically)

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2016, 05:19:34 EDT »

That's what I'm talkin' 'bout! This run has been a lot if fun, even if the season was painful.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2016, 05:25:35 EDT »

They're getting sloppy.  Still enough time for OSU to make a comeback if we don't get it back together.

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2016, 05:33:52 EDT »

With all the other upsets on our side of the bracket, the LVs now have a visible path to the finals, as long as they keep playing like this.  But I don't know if I want any of UConn once we get there.  I don't think we can stay within 40 points of them.  And you KNOW Geno will RUTS all he can.

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2016, 05:59:47 EDT »

They played a good zone tonight. Has OSU confused.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2016, 06:18:14 EDT »

With all the other upsets on our side of the bracket, the LVs now have a visible path to the finals, as long as they keep playing like this.  But I don't know if I want any of UConn once we get there.  I don't think we can stay within 40 points of them.  And you KNOW Geno will RUTS all he can.

MSU beat us twice this year.  They're currently down 61-12 to UConn at halftime.

volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2016, 07:07:43 EDT »

Oh ye of little faith. I said think positive. Just as I feared. This team will win a few choice matchups in the tourney and Holly will keep her job. Which is not good. I just can't see them ever winning a NC with her as coach. She had better improve her recruiting. The other teams sure have been. It's hard to image the LV were seeded 9th in the SEC tourney. That's Dooleyesque numbers for Holly.

volsboyinsodak
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2016, 09:28:50 EDT »

Oh ye of little faith. I said think positive. Just as I feared. This team will win a few choice matchups in the tourney and Holly will keep her job. Which is not good. I just can't see them ever winning a NC with her as coach. She had better improve her recruiting. The other teams sure have been. It's hard to image the LV were seeded 9th in the SEC tourney. That's Dooleyesque numbers for Holly.

Holly would have kept her job anyway.  With the gender politics in play at UT right now, Hart couldn't fire her if he wanted to.  

I give her credit for what she's done in this year's tourney.  ASU and OSU are the kind of teams that have been bouncing us out the past few years.  Before this season, we've been getting (mostly undeserved) 1 and 2 seeds, beating up on lower-seeded cupcakes the first 2-3 games, and then going out meekly when we see a team with comparable talent.  She's reversed that trend this year.  Maybe the lower seed put a chip on their shoulder.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 09:34:43 EDT by Black Diamond Vol » Logged

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2016, 08:55:53 EDT »

I know there's no way they beat OSU.

Oh wait...what?   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2016, 10:43:22 EDT »

Need a good second half.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
tshadow
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2016, 11:28:31 EDT »

They're getting drop-kicked by around 20 pnts with 3 min. left.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2016, 01:47:43 EDT »

Well, I'm disappointed with the loss, but honestly I'm kind of relieved that they won't get humiliated by Geno.  I'd rather lose early than make the finals and get blown out by that douchebag.

murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2016, 02:10:19 EDT »

I wanted the Final Four, but wanted no part of UConn.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2016, 03:36:41 EDT »

It's my fault.  I started watching in the 3rd quarter down 7, they narrowed it to 4 a couple times then the wheels came off.  The Syracuse women were just throwing up threes and they were going in.   

Good run, bad end.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
RockinGrannyVol
Heisman

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2016, 03:47:49 EDT »

They couldn't miss..frustrating!!

Creek Walker
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2016, 04:13:22 EDT »

Syracuse is an excellent shooting team from the perimeter. Lady Vols were losing their shooters possession after possession. They were terribly prepared for Syracuse's pressure defense as well. I thought they were completely out-coached, but it's pretty well established that they're going to have to overcome their coaching in any given game.
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2016, 04:15:28 EDT »

Syracuse is an excellent shooting team from the perimeter. Lady Vols were losing their shooters possession after possession. They were terribly prepared for Syracuse's pressure defense as well. I thought they were completely out-coached, but it's pretty well established that they're going to have to overcome their coaching in any given game.
It didn't help that our starting PG was out

We spent most of the 2nd half throwing the ball to the players in white, as well as waving a red cape

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2016, 05:40:18 EDT »

It didn't help that our starting PG was out

What happened?

I did see where the transfer from UNC, Diamond DeShields, has come into her own and is playing really well.  So at least we have that going for us.  I don't know how many years she has left, but pretty sure at least one.

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2016, 02:52:09 EDT »

What happened?

I did see where the transfer from UNC, Diamond DeShields, has come into her own and is playing really well.  So at least we have that going for us.  I don't know how many years she has left, but pretty sure at least one.
Reynolds has concussion symptoms, did not play the 2nd half Friday and today

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,

Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2016, 04:42:57 EDT »

Congrats to the Lady Vols for a good run in the Tourney!  Hopefully they will carry that momentum on into next season!

GO VOLS!!!

73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2016, 10:43:42 EDT »

What momentum? Lady Vols losing three top players, they have no proven point guard or ball handlers on the squad, no one but Diamond that can shoot the ball and hope it goes in, and zero (0) recruits. If based on their history with concussions, Reynolds may never play again. There is nothing about the Lady Vols that promises any improvement. Holly does not have a recruiter on staff and she has not proven to be a closer or have an eye for the talent you need to win at the upper level. With her as head coach, the Elite 8 is the best we can hope for.

Yes they are to be congratulated, but the team this year proved they do not have any proven talent to compete for better than 4th in SEC. Throw a zone and zone press at them and they become a turnover machine. Anyone that believes they can get better also must have believed that Dooley was going to get it done in football. So no, I have zero thoughts Holly can every win unless she completely revamps her coaching staff.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2016, 12:50:03 EDT »

What momentum? Lady Vols losing three top players, they have no proven point guard or ball handlers on the squad, no one but Diamond that can shoot the ball and hope it goes in, and zero (0) recruits. If based on their history with concussions, Reynolds may never play again. There is nothing about the Lady Vols that promises any improvement. Holly does not have a recruiter on staff and she has not proven to be a closer or have an eye for the talent you need to win at the upper level. With her as head coach, the Elite 8 is the best we can hope for.

Yes they are to be congratulated, but the team this year proved they do not have any proven talent to compete for better than 4th in SEC. Throw a zone and zone press at them and they become a turnover machine. Anyone that believes they can get better also must have believed that Dooley was going to get it done in football. So no, I have zero thoughts Holly can every win unless she completely revamps her coaching staff.

Walk off.....Game over.
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2016, 10:02:13 EDT »

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: