VTTW Board Index
May 04, 2024, 07:17:10 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Looks like we're losing one guy to the pros  (Read 3956 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: January 14, 2016, 04:56:16 EST »

And that guy is...Marquez North.  Huh?

http://www.local8now.com/sports/headlines/Marquez-North-expected-to-enter-NFL-draft-365196951.html

Creek Walker
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2016, 05:02:47 EST »

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2016, 05:09:38 EST »

I actually had some hope that he would finally stay healthy and live up to his potential next season.  But this, I really don't get.  No way will he be drafted.  I'm not even sure he'll get any free agent offers.   

Sounds like Sutton and Kamara are staying, BTW.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2016, 11:52:03 EST »

I don't get it.   
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2016, 02:20:37 EST »

I don't get it.   

Only thing I can think of is that he's done with school and wants to test the FA market. Probably didn't feel like he would play much in 2016.

HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2016, 03:40:13 EST »

North might need to learn the words to "Oh Canada"! 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2016, 03:51:14 EST »

Only thing I can think of is that he's done with school and wants to test the FA market. Probably didn't feel like he would play much in 2016.

Even if he didn't play much (and that's very arguable- if he stays healthy, he would have played as much as anyone IMO), He would have helped himself just by proving he can make it through an entire season.  He can't hurt his draft status by staying, because he HAS no draft status.  He can't go any lower.  By staying, he literally has nowhere to go but up. 

I'm not mad because we're losing him.  He's barely even played the past two seasons.  But on a personal level, I think he's hurting himself with this decision.

73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2016, 04:50:47 EST »

Has anyone considered that he just may be leaving? If he makes himself eligible for the draft, goes undrafted, and nobody offers a try-out, then he will know his value. He can then give up football and stop abusing his body (back) and maybe live a better life. If he has always been injured for three years running, what are the odds he makes it next year or as a pro where people are bigger, stronger, faster, etc.? Does any one know if he has completed his degree or is even close? Being eligible with enough hours and being close to an actual degree are not the same.

If any young man wants to leave, that is a personal decision that no one can and should question. Now if someone is feeding him a line of BS, then I question that person's agenda and sanity.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: