VTTW Board Index
May 28, 2024, 03:57:55 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Finally getting interested in the season  (Read 408 times)
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: August 08, 2021, 02:22:21 EDT »

Not excited, but interested enough to tune in on September 2.  

I was kind of dreading Bowling Green, since IIRC they have been one of the better MAC teams.  We should never fear a MAC team, but it's where we are right now.  A loss in a Thursday night game to open the season vs. a MAC opponent would not be a great way to open the season.

But...Finebaum said earlier this week that BG is "one of the weaker D1 teams this year, should be an easy win for the Vols".   He had Adams on as I guest, talking when he made the comment. Adams agreed and said in his opinion that the Pittsburgh game is the only OOC game the Vols might lose.  Said that Pittsburgh may be the key to Vols going bowling or not, as likely the Vols can win at least two SEC games.

I guess we will see, but definitely looking forward to the opener.

Final note and disclaimer....I don't trust either Finebaum or Adams as an analyst or prognosticator. I am going to do my own research on the BG game.

I also know they are widely loathed by most true Vols, and should be.  Technically Finebaum is a UT grad, but I know someone who was in school with him and ran around with him, and he said Finebaum was constantly whining that he got mistreated by UT, so I have always suspected he actually hates UT in spite of going to school there.  I think Finebaum traded in his journalistic credentials as a guy who would say anything about anybody when he started digging into the Albert Means thing and helped expose Fulmer. IMO at that point he decided to take the money the bammer fans were shoveling at him to hear their ridiculous conspriacy theories and denial of cheating validated.  At that point he ceased being a journalist and became an entertainer, IMO.

Anyway I know a lot of you (all of you?  lol) can't stand Adams.  I would not say I like him, but he really doesn't bother me that much. He's more "meh" to me.

Regardless of all that, I do hope they are correct about Bowling Green. I'd love to see whoever our starter ends up being through for 350 yards and 3-4 TDs in the opener.  
« Last Edit: August 08, 2021, 02:25:05 EDT by BanditVol » Logged

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: