VTTW Board Index
May 03, 2024, 07:28:09 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Twitterverse saying that Charlie Weis is going to Kansas to be the head coach  (Read 4849 times)
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« on: December 08, 2011, 11:18:47 EST »

Joe Schad again.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2011, 11:19:53 EST »

Actually that was tweeted by Kansas's official twitter feed.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2011, 11:22:03 EST »

Done:

http://www2.kusports.com/weblogs/tale-tait/2011/dec/8/coaching-search-2011-day-11-137-am-what-/

BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2011, 11:33:53 EST »

How many rings has Fulmer thrown his hat into now only to be politely passed by. 
Oldvol75
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2011, 11:46:32 EST »

It is a logical hire! He's the only one that could fit in Mangino's old coaching attire! Saved them a boatload!

God “The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the external rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained.” from George Washington’s first Inaugural address.
LouisVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2011, 12:25:45 EST »

It is a logical hire! He's the only one that could fit in Mangino's old coaching attire! Saved them a boatload!

My pronouns are:  I, Me, My, and Mine
BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2011, 01:06:22 EST »

This hire just doesn't make sense. If Kansas truly had people like Fulmer interested, why in the heck would you pull the trigger on Charlie Weiss? Don't get me wrong; I think he's an offensive mastermind and I'm glad KU hired him away from UF. The results didn't show it this year but I felt it was only a matter of time until he had that Gator offense humming. But Weiss is best suited in a coordinator role where he doesn't have to make the serious decisions...and doesn't have to recruit.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2011, 02:29:53 EST »

This hire just doesn't make sense. If Kansas truly had people like Fulmer interested, why in the heck would you pull the trigger on Charlie Weiss? Don't get me wrong; I think he's an offensive mastermind and I'm glad KU hired him away from UF. The results didn't show it this year but I felt it was only a matter of time until he had that Gator offense humming. But Weiss is best suited in a coordinator role where he doesn't have to make the serious decisions...and doesn't have to recruit.

I honestly don't know how he keeps this "offensive mastermind" reputation.  Don't forget that in his penultimate year at ND, they went something like the first 6 games without scoring an offensive TD.  I questioned his hire at UF, and their offense looked pretty much like I thought it would this year.  So now he takes his "decided schematic advantage" to a bottom feeding big 12 school.  Well, good luck with that.  Heck, against big 12 defenses, it might even work.

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2011, 03:03:58 EST »

FL is better off without him, this is a bad hire by KS IMO

WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2011, 03:27:40 EST »

FL is better off without him, this is a bad hire by KS IMO

I think Weis is a better coach than Florida Coach Will Muschamp. Kansas probably got a better guy for the job than They expected.

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
Quasi EVol
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2011, 07:49:04 EST »

I honestly don't know how he keeps this "offensive mastermind" reputation....

The Pats' defense kept his offense on the field long enough for Brady to win championships.  It's almost as if they knew what plays were being called.    A lot of cheeseburgers have come & gone since those glory days, but he's never at a loss for words.

To summarize:  Caught. Talk. Jayhawk.
RIPLEYVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2011, 06:53:05 EST »

You think that Mangino's  buffet secrets will be shared with Weis?
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2011, 02:42:46 EST »

I think Weis is a better coach than Florida Coach Will Muschamp. Kansas probably got a better guy for the job than They expected.

His best days have passed

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: