VTTW Board Index
May 03, 2024, 10:30:24 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Really ? We lost at home to 1-9 Austin Peay?  (Read 6217 times)
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« on: December 10, 2011, 08:30:06 EST »

SmokeyJoe
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2011, 08:36:43 EST »

College of Charleston will blow us out. 
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2011, 08:37:17 EST »

I said 15 wins would be a good effort for this team. I'm not sure I see 10 wins the way things are developing.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2011, 05:22:37 EST »

Well weird things happen in basketball sometimes.  We just have to hope it was a fluke.

Plenty of time left in the season to get their act together.  I hope they do.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2011, 05:39:55 EST »

Didn't look like a fluke, this is not a good team, but to lose to a 1-9 team.....

no excuse

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2011, 03:20:36 EST »

Didn't see the game. Agree there is no excuse. Just hoping they play better the rest if the season.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2011, 03:43:53 EST »

And here's a pic of the crowd right before tipoff yesterday.  Now I know it was "just" Austin Peay, and I know most of the students are out of town on Christmas break, but still, we haven't seen crowds like this in TBA since the Buzz era.

BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2011, 04:21:43 EST »

I think that picture was taken quite a while before tipoff. The crowd was paltry for sure, but that makes it look as though there are no more than 5,000 in the house. Announced attendance was 14,692. Actual attendance wasn't nearly that, of course...
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2011, 04:52:30 EST »

I think that picture was taken quite a while before tipoff. The crowd was paltry for sure, but that makes it look as though there are no more than 5,000 in the house. Announced attendance was 14,692. Actual attendance wasn't nearly that, of course...

According to the KNS (where that pic came from) it was taken during the "pregame ceremony".  I assume that means the player intros. 

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2011, 09:10:16 EST »

Well if there is a game while I am in town for Christmas, I will make an effort to attend.  Least I can do.  I have never been to a game at TB arena anyway.

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2011, 02:41:56 EST »

I have never been to a game at TB arena anyway.

really? wow

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2011, 11:12:13 EST »

really? wow

Nope!  Never made it.  It was opened the year I graduated, so I did not see any games that Fall.  And I have not been to a bball game since.  I had plans to go last Christmas but they fell through.

BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2011, 11:22:52 EST »

Nope!  Never made it.  It was opened the year I graduated, so I did not see any games that Fall.  And I have not been to a bball game since.  I had plans to go last Christmas but they fell through.

Well the good thing about what is currently transpiring is that $10 lower levels are gonna come back in style like it's the Buzz era all over again. Get 'em while they're good. 
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2011, 12:04:12 EST »

Well the good thing about what is currently transpiring is that $10 lower levels are gonna come back in style like it's the Buzz era all over again. Get 'em while they're good. 

This can't be good for our dadgum popcorn sales.

Screaming Eagle Dad
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2011, 12:11:54 EST »

How does a team that plays in Hawaii so well to two good teams and plays Pitt close lose to a 1-9 team?
BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2011, 12:45:35 EST »

Another loss to a 1-9 team from a mid-major conference and we'll probably hear the return of Jeff Jarnigan's announcements asking 200-level and 300-level fans to move down to the lower level. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: