VTTW Board Index
May 03, 2024, 05:51:42 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Colts' magic number in the Lose-for-Luck race is now 2  (Read 3508 times)
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« on: December 12, 2011, 04:28:31 EST »

If they get any combination of 2 losses for them or 2 wins for St. Louis and Minnesota or any combination thereof, they will get the #1 overall pick. Those two teams already have two wins each and the Colts are sitting at 0-13. I would be shocked if they didn't take Luck, regardless of whether Peyton comes back for another couple of years.

It's really remarkable how bad the 2011-12 Colts are. Obviously it reveals how good Peyton is, but also reveals how inept the organization has been at finding or training his backup. I think it has also revealed how weak that team is in several other ways . . . weaknesses that were hidden by Manning's ability to generate points. They made some smart personnel decisions in the last decade but they've made some bad ones too. It will be interesting to see what happens after this season.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2011, 04:31:53 EST »

Everyone knew that organization revolved around Peyton Manning, but to see just how much they relied on him has been just remarkable. The Colts have had some great individual players over the years, but basically they would've been nothing without Manning. Yet, with him they've been a playoff and Super Bowl contender year after year. I don't know that there's been a player in the history of the NFL who has had such a single-handed impact on his team as Manning with the Colts. I don't think there's any doubt that if Manning were in the lineup this season the Colts would be in playoff contention once again. Yet without him... 
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2011, 04:32:03 EST »

If I'm the Colts I draft Luck and trade Peyton. They need a total overhaul. And yeah, their D and OL have been weak for years.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2011, 04:51:03 EST »

Make it happen, Jerry Jones!  :-D
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2011, 04:53:18 EST »

Quite frankly, even though I was a Colts fan before Peyton went there, I hope they trade him. I would like to see Peyton get another chance at a title and it's not going to come with the Colts. How about the Titans? Worlds would collide on VTTW.   
Screaming Eagle Dad
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2011, 06:28:02 EST »

Trade Manning? No way that's gonna happen unless he wants it to happen. I just don't see it. If the Colts did that then the entire state of Indiana would implode!
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2011, 06:42:17 EST »

His contract makes him untradeable. I believe they are going to cut him and make him a UFA and draft Luck, based on the opinions I've heard from people who cover the Colts.

droner, I don't think the Titans would bring him in. You have to think in terms of having him for 2-3 years to bring him in and they have Jake Locker who is pushing to start now. I would bet he'd end up with the Jets.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2011, 06:54:55 EST »

I can see it now.......Manning to the Broncos, Broncos set Tebow.   
Volcreed
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2011, 09:47:12 EST »

I can see it now.......Manning to the Broncos, Broncos set Tebow.   

Pretty good rumor went around last week : a Tebow trade at season end to Jax Jags with a new owner in place and Broncos making a bid to sign or trade for Peyton. I too think he is untradeable unless Peyton agrees to the trade and Broncos picks up a huge off season bonus.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: