VTTW Board Index
May 21, 2024, 03:30:23 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I guess the powers that be think we are set at QB. It is a quarterback driven  (Read 2951 times)
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: February 05, 2014, 06:03:56 EST »

sport. If you don't have a good one you are always looking up at teams who have good ones. I don't think our corp of QB's has one game changer in it.

volsboyinsodak
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2014, 06:16:55 EST »

They have 4 on the roster with 3 underclassmen. I'm content for now. Ferguson is said to be the best but was injured last year.
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2014, 06:17:54 EST »

sport. If you don't have a good one you are always looking up at teams who have good ones. I don't think our corp of QB's has one game changer in it.
We do, he was injured last year

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2014, 06:19:15 EST »

I hope Ferguson is the man. Time will tell. Is he Jameis Winston good?

volsboyinsodak
Creek Walker
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2014, 06:20:37 EST »

You weren't really expecting a dark horse candidate to fax in a surprise LOI today, were you? Our QB situation is what it is. Personally, I'll be surprised if Ferguson isn't a serviceable QB for the Vols.
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2014, 06:25:43 EST »

No I didn't expect one. But the other three ain't the answer and Ferguson is still an unknown quality. Why not recruit one?

volsboyinsodak
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2014, 06:32:34 EST »

No I didn't expect one. But the other three ain't the answer and Ferguson is still an unknown quality. Why not recruit one?
Well, you have two upper classmen, with one that we won a game we shouldn't have and darn near another, and two underclassmen, with one being a RF that has a Bray like arm with plenty of mobility.  I don't think we are in bad shape at all.

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
EmerilVOL
Heisman

Its Tailgating Time in Tennessee (AGAIN)!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2014, 06:45:08 EST »

Well, you have two upper classmen, with one that we won a game we shouldn't have and darn near another, and two underclassmen, with one being a RF that has a Bray like arm with plenty of mobility.  I don't think we are in bad shape at all.

The most impressed I had ever been while watching warmups was when we were sitting in those blimp high five seats at Alabummer.  Ferguson threw a frozen rope during warmups to North of over 50 yards and hit him in stride.  That was a true "big boy" pass.

I made this post and I approved it.
EmerilVOL

Memphisvolunteer
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2014, 06:46:54 EST »

I think Dobbs gets a bad break...the kid was a freshman that got thrown into the mix during the last part of the season.  Let's see what he can do with a full year under his belt.  Also, like everyone else...apparently Ferguson is supposed to be the #1 anyway.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: