VTTW Board Index
May 04, 2024, 09:22:27 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Best Coach Still Available?  (Read 2906 times)
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: November 29, 2017, 03:50:17 EST »

This has nothing to do with anything other than proven ability. Who are the top coaches left?

Leach
Kiffin
Petrino
Sumlin
Strong
Miles

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2017, 04:02:29 EST »

Horseface is available..lol. He did win the East his first two years. jk...gotta laugh at this mess. Currie has got us to where I feel sorry for whoever is the next coach. He will have a tough job ahead of him.

volsboyinsodak
73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2017, 04:27:40 EST »

I will offer my opinion on the coaches you list.
Leach - Yes a top notch offensive mind. Can he recruit is the question. Is a great interview.
Kiffiin - No way in hell do you take him. It is a matter of time until he implodes or explodes. You cannot fix character issues.
Petrino - Again, no way in hell do you take him. See Kiffiin right above.
Sumlin - If your ceiling is 7-8 wins a season, yes. If you want to win the East and Championships, no.
Strong - If he cannot win at Texas, what makes you think he would win at Tennessee? Only if you give an incentive-laden contract with an opt-out clause after 3 years with no money owed.
Miles - Over-the-hill coach still living off the glory days at LSU. Again, he could not win at talent-laden LSU and never developed an even decent offense.

I do not agree that any coach above is head and shoulders above and think several listed are 2nd or 3rd tier right now. Stop living in the football world of 10 years ago because none of these coaches will win the SEC East
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2017, 04:56:58 EST »

I will be glad to break out my 1970's polyester coaching shorts and my pair of black Spot-Bilt coaching shoes and bring UT back from the ashes. I'll do it for $100,000 per year but I will require a 25 million buyout.
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2017, 05:23:49 EST »

I will be glad to break out my 1970's polyester coaching shorts and my pair of black Spot-Bilt coaching shoes and bring UT back from the ashes. I'll do it for $100,000 per year but I will require a 25 million buyout.
Are you a defensive oriented coach or a offensive oriented coach. If you are defensive oriented, give them a call.

volsboyinsodak
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2017, 05:25:00 EST »

I will offer my opinion on the coaches you list.
Leach - Yes a top notch offensive mind. Can he recruit is the question. Is a great interview.
Kiffiin - No way in hell do you take him. It is a matter of time until he implodes or explodes. You cannot fix character issues.
Petrino - Again, no way in hell do you take him. See Kiffiin right above.
Sumlin - If your ceiling is 7-8 wins a season, yes. If you want to win the East and Championships, no.
Strong - If he cannot win at Texas, what makes you think he would win at Tennessee? Only if you give an incentive-laden contract with an opt-out clause after 3 years with no money owed.
Miles - Over-the-hill coach still living off the glory days at LSU. Again, he could not win at talent-laden LSU and never developed an even decent offense.

I do not agree that any coach above is head and shoulders above and think several listed are 2nd or 3rd tier right now. Stop living in the football world of 10 years ago because none of these coaches will win the SEC East

Um....not a fan of MIles, and would truly be a desperation hire (still better than Schiano!), but he DID win at LSU.  Quite a bit.  Just not enough for this spoiled generation of fans.  Period, dot.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2017, 05:53:48 EST »

I'm not sold on anyone but Leach. The list is based solely on proven ability to win. The point is there aren't many options.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2017, 01:02:25 EST »

Are you a defensive oriented coach or a offensive oriented coach. If you are defensive oriented, give them a call.

I spent most of my 30 years on offense.....But for a 25 million buyout I'd keep Shoop to make sure I got fired.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2017, 01:04:50 EST »

I spent most of my 30 years on offense.....But for a 25 million buyout I'd keep Shoop to make sure I got fired.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: