VTTW Board Index
May 05, 2024, 05:20:55 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: We absolutely suck and are now getting worse  (Read 12212 times)
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2015, 06:04:42 EDT »

Why do you keep excusing this staffs ineptitude? What have they done that has convinced you this is the right staff? Should this team not be 5-0 right now?
You might fizzleing read 'nut and my exchanges as well, before proving you are an _____!!!

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2015, 06:30:37 EDT »

Whatever else you say, Florida had  talent left from the Muschamp years, especially on D. His last couple of classes sucked but they have plenty of 4/5 star upperclassmen recruits.  Also, whatever else you say about Muschamp, the defense was not nearly in the shambles it was at Tennessee, in fact, Muschamp arguably had half a team that was up to SEC standards.  

I would say that right now, in 2015, the Vols finally have talent that is comparable to Florida's.  If it's "better", it isn't by much.  But if you compare 2015 Florida to 2013 Tennessee, it's night and day.  No way in fizzleing hell did we have anything in 2013 compared to what McIlroy inherited at Florida this year.  He inherited a really good defense and an offense that had been systematically mismanaged for 4 years.  But that happens to fit what he does best, which is coach offense.

Now...has McIlroy done a better job than Jones?  Absolutely.  He is a better coach, hands down.  But comparing 2013 Vols team to this year's Florida team is apples to oranges.

I just LOL at excuses. Florida just took Ole Miss to woodshed and scored at will against a damn good OM defense. We are in year 3.....Florida is in year 1 with a new staff and a new system. Saying we are and SHOULD BE behind Florida at this moment is laughable.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 06:35:52 EDT by Tnphil » Logged
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2015, 06:33:58 EDT »

You might fizzleing read 'nut and my exchanges as well, before proving you are an _____!!!
I was talking about your quote about him missing wide open receivers. I am not an ______. Look in the mirror. The coach is the one who has him in the game. Dormandy might make that throw. Just sayin".

volsboyinsodak
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2015, 06:48:39 EDT »

I was talking about your quote about him missing wide open receivers. I am not an ______. Look in the mirror. The coach is the one who has him in the game. Dormandy might make that throw. Just sayin".
My statement remains valid!
BTW, prove to me my statement was false!
You can't, because you have no freaking clue how the game is played and can't be bothered to watch it.

I'll type real slow:  Arky primarily played zone.  Usually two deep but sometimes a cover 1, depending on our formation.  We sometimes forced them into man based on formation (see our last offensive play). 
Against the zone the receivers were settling into their zones and were open.  Most of the time Dobbs either didn't see them or threw poorly. 
On the WR pass #3 was open against man but the pass was thrown inside by a good 10-15 yards

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2015, 09:29:39 EDT »

My statement remains valid!
BTW, prove to me my statement was false!
You can't, because you have no freaking clue how the game is played and can't be bothered to watch it.

I'll type real slow:  Arky primarily played zone.  Usually two deep but sometimes a cover 1, depending on our formation.  We sometimes forced them into man based on formation (see our last offensive play). 
Against the zone the receivers were settling into their zones and were open.  Most of the time Dobbs either didn't see them or threw poorly. 
On the WR pass #3 was open against man but the pass was thrown inside by a good 10-15 yards
Bingo. Dobbs didn't see them or threw poorly. The coach is the one to evaluate talent. If Dobbs can't perform against this defense it is up to the coach to make adjustments and make them change their defense. I know how the game is played and how it is coached. My question is,  if you can see this, how Dobbs didn't see the receiver or threw poorly, then why can't Jones. He is making the big bucks to see this type stuff and adjust. But he doesn't adjust.

volsboyinsodak
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2015, 10:22:32 EDT »

My question is,  if you can see this, how Dobbs didn't see the receiver or threw poorly, then why can't Jones. He is making the big bucks to see this type stuff and adjust. But he doesn't adjust.
two things: one, perhaps Jones thinks that Dobbs provides our best chance to win.  His past actions at previous stops and here tell me he is not tied to a starting QB (unlike Fulmer, who flat refused to allow a less senior play play unless it could not be avoided) and 2nd we can't really know what the reads are on a particular play.  Based on tendencies we can guess (or if one happens to be watching the QB)

Dormandy warmed up in the 3rd quarter of the UF game and it did not appear to be a game of toss, as he was firing the ball at the end.

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: