VTTW Board Index
May 05, 2024, 08:34:19 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My grades  (Read 2438 times)
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: October 04, 2015, 03:16:52 EDT »

OL: C  Far, far, far too many breakdowns.  Block reasonably effectively in the run game, in the first half.  Other than the slip/ sack not sure there was a sack but pass protection was fair to poor for the most part.  I'd say it was better overall but still not to SEC standards.  Twice in the 2nd half the defense was hitting Hurd almost before he got the ball.

RB: A-  Hurd A, Kamara B.  Hurd is among the best in in the SEC.  He can even shake off running into the TE (one of three plays where Hurd did not follow the TE, all successful runs.

WR: B-  probably their best night in the coach A era.  They had their most consistent night on routes, particularly against the zone.  Against man they still have issues.  Blocking is still in the C range.  It was not their fault that Dobbs looked more to RBs to throw to.  Williams' fumble inside the 10 hurt.   Wolf continues to be under utilized, though he was the most consistent blocking.

QB: D  A liability in the passing game.  Missed open receivers all over the field.  Seems only confident in throwing flares to backs, and then has issues with that on occasion.  If he isn't going to use his running ability he is NOT our best option.  Game management was not great, as was decision making.  If you are going to run the read OPTION, READ!

Overall: C-   Against the defense we played to only put up 20 points is a travisty.  The arm chair coaches got their wish of throwing the ball more but that only exposed our deficiencies in the passing game.  The run game disappeared in the 2nd half.  The blocking sucked and the coaching staff seemingly panicked, down one score.

DL: C-  misses Maggitt.  I think Barnett is nicked up, they only played him when they were well into our side of the field, backups a clear drop off.  Missed too many tackles.  Got good pressure to the 4th but could not close the deal.  The young guys have potential but aren't there yet.  The starters have limitations.  

LB: C-  R-M had, for him, a poor night.  Kirtland Jr had his best game.  The rest are not, or are not yet SEC caliber.  I would have liked to see more of 11 vs 51 at Sam.  A walk on leads the SEC, in whiffs.  Their long haired RB was world class against our LBs.  out of position, no closing ability and poor ability to tackle.

DBs:  D-  flat sucked.  Randolph graded to an F from me.  He could not cover a TE if his life depended on it.  He was Jancek's 4th LB most of the night and was the worst LB.  one play he walked up and then watched the RB run by. Our corners, even Cam had difficulty covering their shadows.  We did tighten up our zone coverage from last week but still treat zone as a four letter word, to have their mouth washed out with soap if tried.  Foreman has improved.  Our best corners IMO are Cam and Marten.  Our best softies IMO are TK and McNeil.

Overall:  D  our worst game on defense (worse than BG) because in that game we adjusted and improved.  In this one, we regressed.

Special Teams:  A-  Only the two drinks bring it down.  KO's very good (impressed with kick and coverage on the kick from the 20).  Return game is among the best in SEC.  FG defense good, though how did we miss the block at the end of the first half.  Good situational awareness on the fake FG.  We held, despite a massive hold.

Coaching:  Not observed.

« Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 09:44:36 EDT by PirateVOL » Logged

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
RIPLEYVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2015, 06:52:31 EDT »

CORCHING?????? WHAT FIZZLING CORCHING???
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2015, 09:09:19 EDT »

" Our best softies IMO are TK and McNeil"

More true than a typo

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2015, 09:24:47 EDT »

" Our best softies IMO are TK and McNeil"

More true than a typo

darn autocorrect.  However, point taken

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2015, 11:19:12 EDT »

Good grades Pirate.....I agree with them (I'm sure that makes your day :laugh).
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: