VTTW Board Index
May 05, 2024, 03:41:50 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Crowder Story (Please Delete if Necessary)  (Read 11893 times)
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: October 04, 2015, 08:08:04 EDT »

A board rife with less than astute posters, also has some solid ones. Some of the latter say something slightly less than Woody Hayes-like occured between Jones and Crowder in the preseason. If so, Butch is walking with a minimal buyout...soon.

That won't get a winning coach in trouble. It's terminal for an iffy one.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
Creek Walker
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2015, 09:28:25 EDT »

Details?    I try to avoid the other boards right now because they're almost intolerable.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2015, 10:25:48 EDT »

C&p:

Butch gave Mac Crowder a gut punch just before the season starterd. He was working with some young OL and got pissed and yelled for a veteran OL to come over. So Crowder came over and Buch slugged him in the gut then started yelling at the young guys that was being tough! Crowder wasn't so happy about it and pushed Butch down then the veteran OL got in his face and some coaches had to get everything under control. That is why Wiesman, Kendrick, Crowder, etc. stopped coming to practice for a little while. Apparently it has been a lot of work behind the scene to keep this quiet including much pleading with the Crowder family to not go public. That is what a friend of a local radio personality told me. Not saying it's fact, just passing it along. TIFWIW.

HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2015, 10:26:12 EDT »

I believe that there have been some issues.  Hearing too much from guys who have been dead on in the past with inside information.

Beginning to believe that there is a decent chance that Butch isn't the head coach at UT after this season.  

Go Army - Beat Navy!
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2015, 10:27:36 EDT »

Also read this unrelated nugget:

Also, heard another rumor that UT got a huge new donor this yr. 4th largest donor to the university. The companys name is Signix, and is owned by Jay Jumper. Know any other Jumpers?

murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2015, 11:31:42 EDT »

The story seems to fit with preseason line stories, which made no sense. From a human standpoint, hopefully they're not true, but if they are, Butch is gone for cause, and Hart goes for the cover-up.

I absolutely buy this getting hidden, given expectations and timing. We'll see.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2015, 01:27:10 EDT »

Also read this unrelated nugget:

Also, heard another rumor that UT got a huge new donor this yr. 4th largest donor to the university. The companys name is Signix, and is owned by Jay Jumper. Know any other Jumpers?

holy shizzle that might explain a lot

heck, for that matter I went to high school with John Rollins, FB from 84 to 88.  He was a pretty good football player, but was on a 0-10 team in his senior year of 1982.  He walked on at UT after taking a year off (IIRC) and then suddenly was a starting FB for UT.  A lot of us from his HS kind of wondered how he pulled that off.

But...his grandaddy was loaded.  Just saying.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Creek Walker
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2015, 03:08:10 EDT »

Dustin Dopirak @TennesseeBeat
Asked Michael Crowder, Mack's father, about the rumored altercation between Mack and Butch Jones. He declined to comment.

Said he doesn't want to validate message board rumors.

FWIW.
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2015, 03:18:38 EDT »

Just saw the tweet. That response isn't going to make this go away.

JDBVOL
Walk-On

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2015, 03:26:43 EDT »

Heard ots that Butch said it was totally untrue-denial 100% fwiw.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2015, 03:48:15 EDT »

Asked Michael Crowder, Mack's father, about the rumored altercation between Mack and Butch Jones. He declined to comment.

Said he doesn't want to validate message board rumors.

FWIW.

To me that second line ends it. 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2015, 03:50:39 EDT »

To me that second line ends it. 

Not necessarily.  Could also indicate that there is a gag order of some kind in effect. 

Stay tuned. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Creek Walker
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2015, 04:11:13 EDT »

I sincerely hope there's nothing to the rumor. What a cluster that would turn into...
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2015, 04:25:57 EDT »

I sincerely hope there's nothing to the rumor. What a cluster that would turn into...
given the reporting that occurred at the time I would have to think that if there was more to it it would have become public then. 

Crowder was pissed at the time due to being removed as a starter.
I'm sure it was intense as that was the timeframe of the practice restart and reports indicated Butch and staff were "in their faces"

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2015, 05:17:09 EDT »

Wasn't Crowder one of the ones that threatened to quit?  I am sure there was an "altercation" of some sort, maybe even some pushing, but I think reports that Butch "punched him in the stomach" are fabrications after the fact.  As Pirate says, if that was true it would have come out immediately.  Furthermore, a person can jab their finger in someone's stomach to make a point, right? 

I just don't think there's anything to it other than a serious disagreement at practice , and I think the comment of the father is actually a shot at delusional message board posters. 

HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2015, 05:37:52 EDT »

Attack the messenger all you want, but Seth Stokes is not a rumor monger and this website has a ton of credibility.

There was an incident.

http://gridironnow.com/butch-jones-was-involved-in-altercation-with-player/

Go Army - Beat Navy!
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2015, 05:39:30 EDT »

Found a picture of you this morning, Bandit:

Go Army - Beat Navy!
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2015, 07:31:22 EDT »

That is kind of a cool sheep/ram/whatever. My knowledge of such creatures is limited as my closest neighbors had cows. I did get butted by a goat at the Museum of Appalachia once.

HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2015, 07:40:06 EDT »

That is kind of a cool sheep/ram/whatever. My knowledge of such creatures is limited as my closest neighbors had cows. I did get butted by a goat at the Museum of Appalachia once.

I've been called an old goat more than once in my life. 

But of course, I will never be as old as Pirate is.  He is the real old goat of the board.   

Go Army - Beat Navy!
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2015, 07:43:26 EDT »

Attack the messenger all you want, but Seth Stokes is not a rumor monger and this website has a ton of credibility.

There was an incident.

http://gridironnow.com/butch-jones-was-involved-in-altercation-with-player/

Right. I read that, and it doesn't sway my opinion one bit. 

to quote a former presidential candidate, do you want to wager $10,000 that Butch didn't throw a punch?   

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2015, 07:44:56 EDT »

Found a picture of you this morning, Bandit:

Completely irrelevant.  I have stated that I have my doubts about Butch.  This isn't about supporting or not supporting him, it's about long experience with internet rumors on sports message boards.  You can smell the BS through the computer screen at some point.   

HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2015, 07:50:53 EDT »

Right. I read that, and it doesn't sway my opinion one bit. 

to quote a former presidential candidate, do you want to wager $10,000 that Butch didn't throw a punch?   

Shocking.   

Go Army - Beat Navy!
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2015, 08:09:04 EDT »

The first hour of the Swain Event is worth a download and listen.

I have no idea about a punch, but odds seem to strongly favor an abnormal altercation. Three guys walking off the practice field is not normal.

http://swainevent.com/index.php/podcasts

murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2015, 08:25:25 EDT »

It's reached the point where Hart has to comment. The one thing that is clear is the story has been circulating for some time.

Hart has to answer this question.

When did you hear about this?

If he says he just heard about it, that's highly unlikely given so many have known about it so long.

If he's known about it for awhile, he has to have investigated. He can either say he investigated and found nothing (which puts him in a corner), or an investigation is ongoing. The latter is his only safe answer, and it's not a guaranteed out.

SmokeyJoe
Re:
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2015, 10:53:23 EDT »

Well I hate it if true, but if true, I would prefer something that justifies swift removal of both hart & jones. If a change has to happen the quicker the better. Jeez what a cluster fizzle this season has become. Pig supposedly tweeted he was threatened a couple weeks ago, but he may not be all that stable himself. Popcorn time.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: