VTTW Board Index
May 05, 2024, 07:06:20 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Didn't watch the Arky game. Can't take the stress. Watched highlights  (Read 4542 times)
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: October 05, 2015, 05:50:53 EDT »

on SEC network. Pathetic. I  had to laugh at the hosts during the highlights when Arky was running through the defense. He said..anyone want to make a tackle. That's one of the stories for this season. Where is that defense that was supposed to be a strength before the season started. I'm beginning to realize....MAC staff MAC results. What is the answer.

volsboyinsodak
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2015, 06:11:08 EDT »

Again...you are not "beginning to realize" anything.  You have been consistently negative about this staff since the moment you started posting.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2015, 06:25:48 EDT »

Okay. I have not seen anything positive on the field. All I see is he has got some good recruits. I see Mcillwain has done more in 5 games than he has in three years. Spin that. This Vols program is not relevant yet. Spin that. If he beats a favored team I will let up on him. Why are you giving him a pass? You are the lame one if you ask me. I'm not here to make friends and kiss others butts like most here are. What has he done to keep his job? I have no skin in the game as far as coaches. If they don't produce, get rid of them. It pisses me off that fans say 2016 is our year and they just give him a mulligan for losing to inferior teams this year. As for for being critical of this staff from the beginning, maybe I saw this coming. Why didn't you? Get MAC coaches, get MAC results. When he beats a team he's not supposed to, I will give him props.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 06:30:33 EDT by volsboy » Logged

volsboyinsodak
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2015, 06:35:18 EDT »

Okay. I have not seen anything positive on the field. All I see is he has got some good recruits. I see Mcillwain has done more in 5 games than he has in three years. Spin that. This Vols program is not relevant yet. Spin that. If he beats a favored team I will let up on him. Why are you giving him a pass? You are the lame one if you ask me. I'm not here to make friends and kiss each others butt like most here are. What has he done to keep his job? I have no skin in the game as far as coaches. If they don't produce, get rid of them. It pisses me off that fans say 2016 is our year and they just give him a mulligan for losing to inferior teams this year.

Let me rephase that, you have been negative about our TEAM, period.

I haven't given anyone a pass.  If you can show me where I have after this latest game, knock yourself out.  I have consistently said that Jones has to start being held accountable this year, while still saying that next year is the year he really needs to produce.  Your comment that I am "giving him a pass" is ridicolous.

For the 100th time, if I was a bammer fan that hated Tennessee, I would post exactly what you post above.  Your comments go beyond a genuine concern for the program. They seem to be designed be as disruptive and negative as they possibly can.

Your other comments above are so asinine that I won't dignify them with a response.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2015, 06:46:31 EDT »

Let me rephase that, you have been negative about our TEAM, period.

I haven't given anyone a pass.  If you can show me where I have after this latest game, knock yourself out.  I have consistently said that Jones has to start being held accountable this year, while still saying that next year is the year he really needs to produce.  Your comment that I am "giving him a pass" is ridicolous.

For the 100th time, if I was a bammer fan that hated Tennessee, I would post exactly what you post above.  Your comments go beyond a genuine concern for the program. They seem to be designed be as disruptive and negative as they possibly can.

Your other comments above are so asinine that I won't dignify them with a response.

I don't get what you have seen that gives Jones any legs to stand on? I get tired of you saying anything negative about this team makes someone  aBama fan. STFU.  Why are you not irate about this season? Has being a joke of program so long made you delusional. I don't get how you think a fan should react. Do I hope they win every game? Hell yes. Am I critical when they don't. Hell yes. Being a fan is not just kissing your teams ass. Deal with it. I am sick of when anything critical posted about UT is being a Bama fan. Grow up. Don't read my posts then. I'm serious. If you can't take the criticism, move on.

volsboyinsodak
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2015, 06:51:25 EDT »

Do you realize that you've started three separate threads today, and have essentially said the same thing in all three?

volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2015, 06:55:18 EDT »

Consistency is a virtue. Don't read them then. What is your point? I am pissed at this program. When is their underachieving not acceptable to you and why is my disgust for the current situation bother you more than anyone elses's here? I have read a ton of negative posts here, why does mine get your little girl panties in a wad? I laugh at your lameness.

volsboyinsodak
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2015, 06:59:11 EDT »

Consistency is a virtue. Don't read them then. What is your point? I am pissed at this program. When is their underachieving not acceptable to you and why is my disgust for the current situation bother you more than anyone elses's here? I have read a ton of negative posts here, why does mine get your little girl panties in a wad? I laugh at your lameness.
Being a consistent #badword# is a virtue???????????????

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2015, 07:10:08 EDT »

Being a consistent #badword# is a virtue???????????????
Why is that? I am a badword because i don't kiss your ass and tow the board line. How lame are you to say if I disgree with the direction of the team, I am a badword. Which is more lame? What is this board for then? Blowing smoke up everyone's ass is better?

volsboyinsodak
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2015, 08:39:45 EDT »

I don't get what you have seen that gives Jones any legs to stand on? I get tired of you saying anything negative about this team makes someone  aBama fan. STFU.  Why are you not irate about this season? Has being a joke of program so long made you delusional. I don't get how you think a fan should react. Do I hope they win every game? Hell yes. Am I critical when they don't. Hell yes. Being a fan is not just kissing your teams ass. Deal with it. I am sick of when anything critical posted about UT is being a Bama fan. Grow up. Don't read my posts then. I'm serious. If you can't take the criticism, move on.

BanditVol "i'm not giving anyone a pass.  If you can show where I have, go for it"

volsboy  "I don't get what you have seen that gives Jones any legs to stand on?"

LMFAO.  Did you even read my post? 

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2015, 01:38:37 EDT »

Consistency is a virtue. Don't read them then. What is your point?

I'm a completionist.  I read everything, no matter how whiney and repetitive.  But thanks for your concern.

I am pissed at this program. When is their underachieving not acceptable to you and why is my disgust for the current situation bother you more than anyone elses's here? I have read a ton of negative posts here, why does mine get your little girl panties in a wad? I laugh at your lameness.

Perhaps you missed it, but I've been as critical as anyone here (other than you, of course) over the past two weeks. 

I'm not going to join you in your little name calling contest.  Rather, I'd like to offer some constructive criticism of your posting habits here.  In the UF game thread last week, you posted the following:

If UF's offense is as bad as advertised, what does that say about our D.

I replied, simply:

Stop it.

I probably should have not replied at all.  My mistake.  Anyway, your answer:

What is your answer? They just had a long drive. A stop would have maybe sealed it. The D just couldn't get them off the field.

Now that's not an unreasonable post, on the face of it.  However, at the time, we were up 6, had the ball, and were trying to close out our first win over UF in a decade.  It was a tense situation, and we were all into the game.  Do you really think anyone here wants to have THAT conversation at that point?  Save it for after the game.

Now let's switch topics, to our new basketball coach.  The day Rick Barnes was hired, you posted the following:

we need more underachieving coaches. Well, at least he's at the real UT. This school really pisses a person off sometimes. What is he supposed to do here that he didn't do at Texas. Dumbassed school admin we have.

Never mind that the day before Barnes fell into our lap, we were all turning cartwheels at the prospect of hiring a guy whose entire head coaching resume consists of two seasons of middling success (and no postseason appearances) at UTC. 

I don't know if Rick Barnes will be successful here (the current state of our hoops roster suggests that his first season or two could be very challenging), but do you not understand what a coup it was for relative hoops lightweight like us to land a guy as established as Barnes?  I mean, what do you want?  Do you think that we can just throw 20 million a season at Tom Izzo or Coach K, and they'll drop everything and pack their bags for Knoxville to become our 4th coach in 6 years?

And do you not understand why some here think what they think about you, given posts like these?

This board is a small, tight-knit community.  Most of us have met in person, and we know each other pretty well.  We're unapologetically insular.  All we know about YOU is that you're always here to pile on when times are tough- and when things are good, they're never good enough for you.  Maybe that's why many here don't really trust you.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: