VTTW Board Index
May 05, 2024, 06:30:48 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Five Players we should bench/demote, IMO  (Read 6718 times)
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« on: October 05, 2015, 09:14:06 EDT »

Yes the coaches have been fizzleing up, but there are players that are not pulling their weight.

1 - Dobbs - Simply has been highly inconsistent in the pass game. Does not even look as good as last year, and you can tell he lacks confidence. If we're going to insist on running a pro style offense, put Dormady in. It may be time.

2 - Randolph - He has been awful this year. Consistently has been out of position, overruns plays, and he is slow as well. Bites on play action and can't recover. He's never impressed me as being a great safety, but he has regressed.

3 - Jumper - Needs to not play at all, he is terrible. No idea what he is doing on the field.

4 - Kendrick - He's consistently been bad. Get Hall in there and don't look back

5 - Crowder - I know he doesn't start, but he shouldn't even get meaningful snaps. He is not very big, he is not athletic, and he is a liability.
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2015, 09:28:09 EDT »

Yes the coaches have been fizzleing up, but there are players that are not pulling their weight.

1 - Dobbs - Simply has been highly inconsistent in the pass game. Does not even look as good as last year, and you can tell he lacks confidence. If we're going to insist on running a pro style offense, put Dormady in. It may be time.

2 - Randolph - He has been awful this year. Consistently has been out of position, overruns plays, and he is slow as well. Bites on play action and can't recover. He's never impressed me as being a great safety, but he has regressed.

3 - Jumper - Needs to not play at all, he is terrible. No idea what he is doing on the field.

4 - Kendrick - He's consistently been bad. Get Hall in there and don't look back

5 - Crowder - I know he doesn't start, but he shouldn't even get meaningful snaps. He is not very big, he is not athletic, and he is a liability.
i would add Wiesman, give Jones a shot (yes I know that would place two FR on the right side but how much worse could it be?

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2015, 09:34:42 EDT »

i would add Wiesman, give Jones a shot (yes I know that would place two FR on the right side but how much worse could it be?

Pirate, you are the most knowledgeable guy I know when it comes to the Vols. I do pay attention to your team observations, which are usually spot on. I am just discouraged since 2005. LOL. You keep doing what you do. I mean no offense in my posts. Just let me enjoy my bitchiness.

volsboyinsodak
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2015, 10:03:26 EDT »

agree on Jones. Wiesman isn't that good and Jones, you can tell, will be a very good OL

Give him the reps

Also might as well start giving Richmond reps - I know they're trying to RS him.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2015, 01:24:04 EDT »

Randolph had a bad game, but he's been pretty good in other games.  In fact, he's our fourth leading tackler.

Reeves-Maybin 33
Barnett            19
Kelly Jr            15
Randolph          14

Randolph was second team All SEC last year.  He's a great player IMO.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2015, 01:32:55 EDT »

Randolph had a bad game, but he's been pretty good in other games.  In fact, he's our fourth leading tackler.

Reeves-Maybin 33
Barnett            19
Kelly Jr            15
Randolph          14

He also probably 2nd on the team for missed tackles (behind Jumper).

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

Creek Walker
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2015, 01:38:19 EDT »

Serious question: Why is Jumper on the field? I'm usually not inclined to fall for conspiracy theories, but I think the one regarding his rich family ties actually tends to make sense...because there sure doesn't seem to be any other explanation for his extended playing time. He is absolutely a liability.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2015, 01:46:44 EDT »

Serious question: Why is Jumper on the field? I'm usually not inclined to fall for conspiracy theories, but I think the one regarding his rich family ties actually tends to make sense...because there sure doesn't seem to be any other explanation for his extended playing time. He is absolutely a liability.

holy cow, this is like the 5th time in the last couple months we agree 

To your point, here is an article about how Jay Jumper would do "anything for his kids"

http://www.chattanoogan.com/2013/12/26/266288/Chattanoogan-Jay-Jumper--My-Kids.aspx

In there it talks about how he is very disappointed that he was injured in his senior year of HS and has always regretted not playing college ball.  Followed by effusive praise of his son.  Sounds like a classic "little league dad" to me, who definitely has the means to buy some PT for his son.  Fits the profile at any rate IYAM.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2015, 03:50:44 EDT »

Reeves-Maybin 33
Barnett            19
Kelly Jr            15
Randolph          14

He is highly overrated. Always has been. Tell me the last big play he made.

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2015, 04:03:20 EDT »

To be fair, he played well last year.
However, in the four games I've watched this year (missed WC while in the UK) he has, to me, been a big disappointment.  Numerous position issues (BG & FL especially).  There have been a couple of times in space where he looked like a true FR in his first game.  Against BG in the first series after the non-weather delay and Saturday night in the (I think) 3rd quarter where he a) had poor coverage and b) got spun around like a top.  Frankly, McNeil and TK have been far more consistent in coverage than Randolph this year IMO.

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2015, 04:33:07 EDT »

He has some interceptions, has made some big tackles.  He is usually around the ball and has been a very reliable last line of defense.

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2015, 04:41:46 EDT »

He is usually around the ball and has been a very reliable last line of defense.
That would be Cam, who is mucho faster

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2015, 05:58:14 EDT »

That would be Cam, who is mucho faster

I've seen Randolph make TD saving tackles more times than I can count

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2015, 05:58:44 EDT »

I've seen Randolph make TD saving tackles more times than I can count

and, oh yeah, he's no. 37 and Cam is 7.. 

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2015, 03:26:30 EDT »

He has some interceptions, has made some big tackles.  He is usually around the ball and has been a very reliable last line of defense.

He hasn't made any "big tackles". He gets tackles, true. and has not had as many interceptions as a guy in his position should have. he's also pretty slow, and one of the reasons our secondary continues to struggle, and quite frankly I am not sure how many teams in the SEC he would start for. He has experience which is why he starts, but we have more athletic and speedy options we could try. It's not like we have been very successful with him in there.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2015, 03:54:10 EDT »

He hasn't made any "big tackles". He gets tackles, true. and has not had as many interceptions as a guy in his position should have. he's also pretty slow, and one of the reasons our secondary continues to struggle, and quite frankly I am not sure how many teams in the SEC he would start for. He has experience which is why he starts, but we have more athletic and speedy options we could try. It's not like we have been very successful with him in there.

He's listed as a player who might be picked up as a free agent by the NFL, the 21st strong safety in the upcoming draft.  That's not spectacular, but it's certainly good enough to be a starter in the SEC.  We will just have to disagree on this one.

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2015, 03:59:18 EDT »

He's listed as a player who might be picked up as a free agent by the NFL, the 21st strong safety in the upcoming draft.  That's not spectacular, but it's certainly good enough to be a starter in the SEC.  We will just have to disagree on this one.
we can't always count on Cam being in position to contain his failures though

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: