VTTW Board Index
May 15, 2024, 09:23:52 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Were you all aware...  (Read 4997 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: November 19, 2017, 08:34:29 EST »

...that our most recent NC trophy is surrounded by bricks and other Butch-isms in the Football Complex?  As if he had anything to do with it. 

SmokeyJoe
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2017, 09:13:55 EST »

I saw that somewhere else. Lawd.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2017, 09:24:58 EST »

You're obsessed with this stuff....I'm sure it will be gone soon. 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2017, 09:31:34 EST »

You're obsessed with this stuff....I'm sure it will be gone soon. 

Well considering that we had official visitors in yesterday, it's already a day too late.  I mean, they didn't keep all of Kiffin's USC bullshizzle hanging everywhere for recruits to see after he left.

Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2017, 11:11:41 EST »

...that our most recent NC trophy is surrounded by bricks and other Butch-isms in the Football Complex?  As if he had anything to do with it. 

HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2017, 04:00:31 EST »

Yep.  I am hoping that whomever the new coach turns out to be has a slogan of "sledgehammer by sledgehammer" and he knocks that damned brick wall down. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2017, 04:08:44 EST »

Yep.  I am hoping that whomever the new coach turns out to be has a slogan of "sledgehammer by sledgehammer" and he knocks that damned brick wall down. 

The way I see it, if Butch had won one, he could decorate it any way he wants.  But that one belongs to Phil.  So maybe he could wrap it in some of that 8mm film he loved to watch so much, and put a sign on the front that says "work like heck".

HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2017, 04:10:52 EST »

The way I see it, if Butch had won one, he could decorate it any way he wants.  But that one belongs to Phil.  So maybe he could wrap it in some of that 8mm film he loved to watch so much, and put a sign on the front that says "work like heck".

Truth.  Butch should have kept his MAC level hands off of that one. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2017, 06:23:59 EST »

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2017, 05:36:59 EST »

looking at the dates on the championship wall, we should be due another NC about 2029. Those championships are really spred out.

volsboyinsodak
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2017, 09:22:23 EST »

looking at the dates on the championship wall, we should be due another NC about 2029. Those championships are really spred out.

spoken like a true bammer fan 

volpride
Walk-On

Give.Him.Six

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2017, 10:17:42 EST »

I say leave it as is until we win another. Let it be a reminder of where we have been as a program both at the top and bottom of the pile and let it remind us where we want to return to.

"The hardest moments are a call to something greater"
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2017, 10:44:47 EST »

spoken like a true bammer fan 
The numbers don't lie. Look at the number of years football has been played at UT and how many NC we have. Why does just pointing it out make me a Bamma fan? I just realized you may be right, I may have been expecting too much from this program if you look at the numbers historically.

volsboyinsodak
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2017, 10:48:24 EST »

I say leave it as is until we win another. Let it be a reminder of where we have been as a program both at the top and bottom of the pile and let it remind us where we want to return to.

I think it should be down before we host any more recruits.  The coach we just fired became a national laughingstock for uttering all these dumb slogans.  So weeks after he's gone, to still feature them front and center plastered over the most important trophy in our trophy case (a trophy that Butch had absolutely nothing to do with winning) doesn't really project an aura of competence in our AD.  If I were a visiting recruit, it wouldn't leave a favorable impression on me.

And fix the damn scoreboard, too.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2017, 04:34:34 EST »

The numbers don't lie. Look at the number of years football has been played at UT and how many NC we have. Why does just pointing it out make me a Bamma fan? I just realized you may be right, I may have been expecting too much from this program if you look at the numbers historically.

Anyone who knows anything about UT football is aware of our NCs. 

So who GAS that we "only" have 6?  Is that the first time you ever bothered to notice our history and just had to make a negative comment on it?  I'm not reacting to the comment on the NCs as much as I am the fact that you can't post anything that isn't negative. 

What's the number one thing any football program would point to with pride?  If not NCs, then I don't know what.  There are plenty of programs that have none, including at least half the SEC.   

But you want to make it something negative. 

Your comment is also pretty fizzleing stupid.  As they say in the stock market "past performance is no indication of futuer success" .  Your "prediction" is meaningless.   

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: