VTTW Board Index
May 05, 2024, 09:57:00 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Finished going through last season on my DVR, some observations  (Read 332 times)
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: September 01, 2023, 04:40:34 EDT »

Collective comment on Ball State, and the other two Group of Five/FCS teams.  We beat them all decisively, as we should.  Isn't it nice to go back to that? 

Pittsburgh game - close win, not sure we win without the injury to their QB.  I'll take it!   

Florida game - can't believe we kept letting them back in.  Should have been a decisive win.  The bounce on the onside kick was RIDICULOUS.

LSU game - our best game overall IMO, a complete ass-whipping at their place, and the game that really put us on the map.  I had forgotten our special teams scored two TDs.

Bammer game - what else is there to say?  The only game I watched fully.  Was glorious then, is glorious now, and will forever be.   

Kentucky game - another very enjoyable complete ass whipping.  Levis gave up in the second half. His body language said it, his throws said it, even the way he ran said it.  Why, oh why, would any NFL team draft this guy. let alone the Titans.   

Georgia game - Yes, they whipped us.  But watch closely, we barely missed on 2-3 long throws that would have been TDs, we had a shizzle ton of false starts, and the weather killed both offenses in the second half.  Looking forward to them being in Neyland this year.   

Missouri game - I had forgotten how close this was well into the third quarter, at 28-24.  Yes, we crushed them after that, but it was a bit lethargic, maybe a hangover from Georgia, but not much to complain about really.   

South carolina game - yes this was bad, we lost for three reasons, in order of importance.  1. Rattler had the game of his life, 2. our defense WAS in disarray.  Guys were out of position and looked clueless all night.  We definitely missed Banks. 3. The injury to Hooker, which is by far the least important since it was so late.  A little better D, a healthy Hooker, and maybe it goes to the wire in spite of Rattler

Vandy game - 56-0!  4 runs over 50 yards!  Fun to watch!

Clemson - one of our better complete games, probably second only to LSU.  Great way to cap the season  and Milton showed great promise for this year.

Excited to see how we do against Virginia...still ticked about 1990 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
LouisVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2023, 11:39:15 EDT »

One issue from Clemson game concerns me--we punted 8 times--I am confident we can score in bunches, but we need to stay on the field and convert third downs.  8 punts is a bunch.

My pronouns are:  I, Me, My, and Mine
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2023, 12:00:46 EDT »

One issue from Clemson game concerns me--we punted 8 times--I am confident we can score in bunches, but we need to stay on the field and convert third downs.  8 punts is a bunch.
They were probably the 2nd best defense we faced last year, behind only GA, They were better than Pitt and no other SEC school was close

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: