VTTW Board Index
May 05, 2024, 07:07:02 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So apparently Vol fans & Titans fans have been arguing on X  (Read 766 times)
SmokeyJoe
« on: September 05, 2023, 03:37:31 EDT »

all day which teams fans are better, more loyal, which team is the "TRUE" TN team, how the Titans have shizzle on Tennessee fans, why did they take the Tennessee name, why Titans??? Why, why, why, Marsha, Marsha, Marsha. Good Lord.  Do Georgia fans act goofy about the Falcons, Michigan and Lions, Panthers and UNC? Why does Tennessee always have to be an oddball. They are competing in two different leagues, no comparison whatsoever. JFC!!! 25 years later  it's ok to like both, or not. Shouldn't be having these "debates" in 2023. Slow day on X 
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2023, 04:38:18 EDT »

I don?t personally know a single true Titans fan.   Sure, the football fans I know will give a polite ?good for them? nod when the Titans have a good season, but no one I know truly cares about them to any significant degree.

Then again, NFL fandom is so different to me.  When my NFL team loses, it bugs me for a half hour then I move on.   Vols losses hurt way more.
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2023, 05:10:21 EDT »

I don?t personally know a single true Titans fan.   Sure, the football fans I know will give a polite ?good for them? nod when the Titans have a good season, but no one I know truly cares about them to any significant degree.

Then again, NFL fandom is so different to me.  When my NFL team loses, it bugs me for a half hour then I move on.   Vols losses hurt way more.

I like both. Both are Tennessee's team. I know a bunch of Titans fans. I don't care who likes who. BUT the willing animosity or indifference from Vol fans is baffling to me. Like when everybody in East TN was a colts fan because of Manning. No big deal. Just weird. Especially weird that it appears to be a lingering thing. Oh well. I think initially East TN UT fans were jelly that there was another team named Tennessee that played on a bigger stage. And Eddie George voted for Woodson, and the state contributed to construction costs, what have you... That's been a minute. 
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2023, 05:15:19 EDT »

It is a weird thing to bicker about, no doubt.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2023, 06:48:12 EDT »

I like both. Both are Tennessee's team. I know a bunch of Titans fans. I don't care who likes who. BUT the willing animosity or indifference from Vol fans is baffling to me. Like when everybody in East TN was a colts fan because of Manning. No big deal. Just weird. Especially weird that it appears to be a lingering thing. Oh well. I think initially East TN UT fans were jelly that there was another team named Tennessee that played on a bigger stage. And Eddie George voted for Woodson, and the state contributed to construction costs, what have you... That's been a minute. 

I'm a Colts fan, but was before Peyton was there.  Having said that, I have nothing against the Titans and root for them if they are not playing the Colts or Dolphins.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2023, 11:22:24 EDT »

I like the Titans. I love the Vols. I think a lot of Titans fans are Vandy fans, especially those living in and around Nashville. That's where some of the anti-Vol shizzle comes from.

volsboyinsodak
LouisVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2023, 12:20:34 EDT »

I could never respect, much less support, any team that drafted Will Levis.  'Nuff said.

My pronouns are:  I, Me, My, and Mine
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2023, 02:33:32 EDT »

I could never respect, much less support, any team that drafted Will Levis.  'Nuff said.

I guess you never saw Peyton Manning play against Florida   Levis was highly rated in ALL draft projections. The Titans have drafted/signed several former UT players. Nevertheless, Ryan Tannehill is the starter this year. Malik Willis or Levis will be cut at some point, or maybe both will if neither develops.  But aren't you in Louisville? If so you don't count!   I guess I'm just a Tennessee dude across the board   except the politics, not the politics  
« Last Edit: September 07, 2023, 10:11:11 EDT by SmokeyJoe » Logged
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2023, 02:44:16 EDT »

I like the Titans. I love the Vols. I think a lot of Titans fans are Vandy fans, especially those living in and around Nashville. That's where some of the anti-Vol shizzle comes from.

No I think it is the anti-Titan shizzle coming from Vol fans. They were apparently doing a victory lap because they sold the most tickets ever to a game at Nissan I think UT fans equate the Titans with Vanderbilt for some reason  Nashville isn't a "college town" like the rest of the SEC cities. At any rate, Go Vols & Titans 
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2023, 02:46:19 EDT »

Soon we will be enjoying SECCG & possibly Super Bowls in Tennessee if we can afford either ticket lol
LouisVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2023, 04:49:34 EDT »

Louisville now, but grew up in Maryville/Greenback/Vonore/Friendsville and went to UT, so I am about as Tennessee as it gets. As a Louisville transplant, I have a special hatred for all things UK.  I want to beat bama and UF, but for me, THE game is UK. And other than Calipari, Will Levis is the shining example of low-class arrogance with far less talent than he and the brainwashed claim.  All you heard all year from UK fans was "#1 pick."  Pretty good tumble from #1 pick to 4th QB picked, and well-deserved.  I don't have anything against the Titans, but if Levis is playing--I'm agin um.

I guess you never saw Peyton Manning play against Florida   Levis was highly rated in ALL draft projections. The Titans have drafted/signed several former UT players. Nevertheless, Ryan Tannehill is the starter this year. Malik Willis or Levis will be cut at some point, or maybe both will if neither develops.  But aren't you in Louisville? If so you don't count!   I guess I'm just a Tennessee dude across the board   except the politics, not the politics  

My pronouns are:  I, Me, My, and Mine
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2023, 08:27:47 EDT »

Louisville now, but grew up in Maryville/Greenback/Vonore/Friendsville and went to UT, so I am about as Tennessee as it gets. As a Louisville transplant, I have a special hatred for all things UK.  I want to beat bama and UF, but for me, THE game is UK. And other than Calipari, Will Levis is the shining example of low-class arrogance with far less talent than he and the brainwashed claim.  All you heard all year from UK fans was "#1 pick."  Pretty good tumble from #1 pick to 4th QB picked, and well-deserved.  I don't have anything against the Titans, but if Levis is playing--I'm agin um.

The NFL is littered with qbs who were drafted for their camp performance and/or physical attributes who can't cut it and Levis fits that profile to a T. Do does Anthony Richardson. As much as I loathe him, Brady's physical attributes were not that great and he was drafted on the fourth round. Nuff said.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
10EC
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2023, 02:23:14 EDT »

Where did you go to HS if you don't mind me asking.  I am a Louisville guy myself.  Louisville, TN that is.   
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2023, 08:50:05 EDT »

I think it is pretty obvious that most of the angst originates from Peyton playing with the Colts.  Plus, the Titans are really Nashville, not TN.  That is the reality of it.  Some TN folks just don't like Nashvegas.  UTK is more than just Knoxville, it always has been.  The VOLS own every city and town in TN, clearly.  Being a college FB fan is a whole different world than that of a NFL Fan.  NFL teams can name themselves regionally, but they just are NOT going to automatically get fans regionally. 

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2023, 09:30:38 EDT »

I think it is pretty obvious that most of the angst originates from Peyton playing with the Colts.  Plus, the Titans are really Nashville, not TN.  That is the reality of it.  Some TN folks just don't like Nashvegas.  UTK is more than just Knoxville, it always has been.  The VOLS own every city and town in TN, clearly.  Being a college FB fan is a whole different world than that of a NFL Fan.  NFL teams can name themselves regionally, but they just are NOT going to automatically get fans regionally. 

My experience is that there is some anti-UT bias in Nashville, for sure.  Years ago, I attended my only NFL game, which was Titans-Colts when Peyton was still the QB, and a Nashville bartender almost went full psycho when I was discussing Peyton with my friends at the bar.  He wasn't even part of the conversation, but we were talking about how great Peyton was and he started ranting about how Peyton could never beat Florida.  It was really weird.  I think I tipped the guy a dime.  He did realize he was out of line and apologized, but nevertheless, I think there is in Nashville some who (a) just don't like East Tennessee and include the Vols in that, and (b) Vandy grads/fans, and (c) some Titans fans butt hurt that Vols rooted for the Colts while Peyton was there.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: