VTTW Board Index
May 16, 2024, 03:38:56 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is FL and UGA on a slide?  (Read 3095 times)
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« on: December 01, 2013, 07:31:54 EST »

The next two years will be interesting. I think what we see will be the following....

FL: won't be much better next year. Muschamp will keep his job this but will be out after 2014. They have not recruited well on offense. .... at all. It will depend on who they hire as to how soon they are back.

UGA - seems to be on the slide. Hutson Mason is not a high level QB. They do have good RBs though.

USCe - Will be good, but as usual, how long is SOS coaching them? Does he even return next year? Still I see them battling for the east title next year

Mizzou - Will be good. They're well coached and use the talent they have well. Challenges for the east

UT - Better but probably a minor bowl.

Vandy - comes crashing back to reality. They lose a lot of the seniors that has made them a middle of the pack SEC team.

UK - Improved. They will have a SEC level QB next year, even though he will be a freshman.
Volengineer
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2013, 08:03:22 EST »

I think Richt losing Gardner is going to be a problem for them. Hopefully that plus their annual "underperformedness" will help us raid the state.  Same with that $#@!head Spurrier .  Once his old a$$ leaves SC maybe we can get back in there like before Granny showed up. 
Creek Walker
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2013, 09:00:32 EST »

The East is going to be down even more next year than this year...worst since the conference split in '92, IMO. It's wide open. Too bad Butch Jones has so little talent to work with. 
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2013, 09:08:39 EST »

Next year will be very interesting.

I don't think UF will be much better and I think we have a great shot at them no matter how much of a "rebuilding mode" we are still in.  But they may make a perfect hire at OC...I doubt it though.

USC jr will miss their starting QB next year....though SOS obviously does a great job developing QBs.  I think we have a decent shot at them, having beaten them this year.

I didn't see all of the Uga-GaTech game, but I was visiting my sister in Atl and her family was into it, so she and my nephew were watching it while my bro in law and I watched the Iron Bowl.   FWIW, the announcers thought Mason played a fantastic game.   So they may be pretty good next year....but replacing Murray has to be huge, and I don't know if their D will improve that much or not.

Mizzou...who knows, have not taken a close look at their roster.  As well as they have played, I don't know anyone who would suggest they have not overachieved this year.   In fact, their fans told me that in the stands at the game, so it must be true.     Did they just strike the right combination of playing as a team in a year the East is down, or are they a long term force in the East?  We won't know until next year if they can repeat.  A bit of an enigma if you ask me.

One other thing....Stoops may or may not be a good HC, but he still has a top 10 class assembled for UK at this point in time (Rivals no. 8 last time I checked).  They will probably drop out of the top 10 by signing day, but if he keeps putting together good classes even KENTUCKY might start upsetting a few teams.   There may come a day when we can't take ANYONE in the East for granted.  It won't be next year though...we should still easily beat UK next season.

Should be a very interesting year next year....practically every team in the East save us and maybe UK lose their starting QBs.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Memphisvolunteer
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2013, 04:19:03 EST »

I think Missouri loses alot of their skill players this yr.  I could be wrong...but I swear that is what one of their fans told me at the game this yr.
Jedi Master
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2013, 11:06:23 EST »

UGA - seems to be on the slide. Hutson Mason is not a high level QB. They do have good RBs though.

Not sure what you are basing your opinion on Mason on, but it obviously wasn't his play in the UK or GT games.  UGA will have very little drop off in production at QB with Mason in 2014 vs Murray in 2013.  Only other returning QB in the East that may compare to Mason is Maty Mauk.  Now, I do remember you discounted Gurley's and Marshall's potential a couple of years ago, when Crowell was given the boot.  So, I see a similarity in your assessment of UGA replacing Murray with Mason.  UGA's issues for 2014 are to improve its defense - which was terrible this past year, and to avoid the slew of catastrophic injuries to its offensive skill players (I'm confident in the latter, won't happen in consecutive years, but not the former).   

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2013, 11:13:51 EST »

Not sure what you are basing your opinion on Mason on, but it obviously wasn't his play in the UK or GT games.  UGA will have very little drop off in production at QB with Mason in 2014 vs Murray in 2013.  Only other returning QB in the East that may compare to Mason is Maty Mauk.  Now, I do remember you discounted Gurley's and Marshall's potential a couple of years ago, when Crowell was given the boot.  So, I see a similarity in your assessment of UGA replacing Murray with Mason.  UGA's issues for 2014 are to improve its defense - which was terrible this past year, and to avoid the slew of catastrophic injuries to its offensive skill players (I'm confident in the latter, won't happen in consecutive years, but not the former).  
Believe what you wish but hell, we even threw for 200 yards on KY, with backups of backups playing QB and WR.

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2013, 07:47:07 EST »

Not sure what you are basing your opinion on Mason on, but it obviously wasn't his play in the UK or GT games.  UGA will have very little drop off in production at QB with Mason in 2014 vs Murray in 2013.  Only other returning QB in the East that may compare to Mason is Maty Mauk.  Now, I do remember you discounted Gurley's and Marshall's potential a couple of years ago, when Crowell was given the boot.  So, I see a similarity in your assessment of UGA replacing Murray with Mason.  UGA's issues for 2014 are to improve its defense - which was terrible this past year, and to avoid the slew of catastrophic injuries to its offensive skill players (I'm confident in the latter, won't happen in consecutive years, but not the former).   

He looked good against Tech, but come on...you don't just replace a four year starter at QB. 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: