VTTW Board Index
May 15, 2024, 09:22:58 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Worried about Arkansas  (Read 3143 times)
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: October 01, 2015, 04:48:01 EDT »

I have been tending to discount them because they lost to Toledo.  On closer inspection, they are much better than that.

They threw 53 times against Toledo and ran 31.  412 yards passing and 112 running.

They switched back to run-first against Tech and A&M.

Vs Tech, 21 passes and 43 runs, 196 yards passing and 228 running.

Vs A&M, 25 passes and 42 runs, 225 yards passing and 232 running.

They obviously played much better vs. A&M and Tech.    Our run D is 53rd in the country, which is middle of the pack.  They are likely going to score on us some, so I hope we can keep up.

What does give me some hope is that Tech's run D is 117th in the country, and they actually held Ark below what they typically give up (254). A&M is not much better at 81st (179). 

On the other hand, Arkansas is 17th in the country against the run, giving up only 94 yards per game.  The NCAA does not track "QBR defense", but Arkansas is 99th in the country in passing yards allowed. 

It looks like our offense vs. their D is strength vs. strength, weakness vs. weakness.

I still say we pull it out at home, but they are tougher than I thought, loss to Toledo or not.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2015, 05:21:22 EDT »

If the hurricane becomes a issue.....it will be man on man, power against power, turnover against turnover.
VOLMAN
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2015, 05:28:24 EDT »

to throw the ball I would imagine. Still, it will be a tough game IMO. IF we would develop some play action on first down to keep the D honest and use that to hit the TE and some slants it would have the impact of keeping the LBs honest and aid the run game....it's so critical that we become balanced offensively in order to have the season we want to finish the season. By the same token Arky likes to run play action and our LBs and DBs/Safeties cannot get sucked up and allow them to hit us over the top....the D will have to be very disciplined.     
Creek Walker
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2015, 05:50:16 EDT »

Yes, Arkansas' run D is definitely over-rated at this point, statistically.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2015, 06:57:46 EDT »

Yes, Arkansas' run D is definitely over-rated at this point, statistically.

More so against a &m than tech but I agree.

This should be a good game and one we can definitely win.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
RIPLEYVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2015, 07:00:05 EDT »

Let's all just pray we are not leading going into the 4th quarter!
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2015, 01:08:18 EDT »

We just need to overcome that handicap we have had in every close game the last three years....Jones. He just needs to learn to play to win and not play not to lose.

volsboyinsodak
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: