VTTW Board Index
May 21, 2024, 04:10:31 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Trivia question............  (Read 4630 times)
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« on: November 29, 2011, 12:36:16 EST »

Don't look it up.

Which receiver finished third on the team in receiving yards and second in touchdowns?
tnflower
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2011, 12:38:18 EST »

You forgot to say which team. This is a trick question

droner
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2011, 12:40:38 EST »

volmeister
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2011, 12:44:03 EST »

Don't look it up.

Which receiver finished third on the team in receiving yards and second in touchdowns?

Arnett?
tnflower
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2011, 12:44:45 EST »

OK, then I'll play. I think it was Reveria, even though he's not really a wr, he's really a te. But, I think he caught a lot of passes and took them to the house. I get extra points for having to figure out which team you were talking about and wade through all the possibilities.
droner
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2011, 12:48:25 EST »

Both answers are incorrect.
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2011, 12:51:56 EST »

Don't look it up.

neal

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
droner
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2011, 12:52:31 EST »

neal

No
LouisVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2011, 12:53:40 EST »

Hunter

My pronouns are:  I, Me, My, and Mine
droner
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2011, 12:55:09 EST »

Hunter

You are correct.

Sad, isn't it? He only played two full games.

I'm not one to believe that one guy can change a poor season like we had, but if he had played, we definitely would have beaten Kentucky.
droner
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2011, 01:01:14 EST »

By way tnflower, Rivera finished second in catches and yards receiving.
BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2011, 03:58:11 EST »

You are correct.

Sad, isn't it? He only played two full games.

I'm not one to believe that one guy can change a poor season like we had, but if he had played, we definitely would have beaten Kentucky.

If he played (and if Bray were healthy), Tennessee would not only have beaten Kentucky but would likely have beaten South Carolina as well. Who knows how much the Georgia game changes with a capable receiver in the lineup...and after seeing the way UT played in the second half at UF, who can say how that one would have turned out if Hunter hadn't been injured and the team/staff hadn't been shell-shocked for two quarters? I don't think it's inconceivable that UT could've been 9-3 if the injuries hadn't taken place.

Of course, we all know what they say about "ifs" and buts," but it is something to think about going forward for everyone who wants a coaching change (myself at the top of that list).
Stogie Vol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2011, 04:13:45 EST »

If he played (and if Bray were healthy), Tennessee would not only have beaten Kentucky but would likely have beaten South Carolina as well. Who knows how much the Georgia game changes with a capable receiver in the lineup...and after seeing the way UT played in the second half at UF, who can say how that one would have turned out if Hunter hadn't been injured and the team/staff hadn't been shell-shocked for two quarters? I don't think it's inconceivable that UT could've been 9-3 if the injuries hadn't taken place.

Of course, we all know what they say about "ifs" and buts," but it is something to think about going forward for everyone who wants a coaching change (myself at the top of that list).

I think the loss of players this season has a lot to do with our overall record. The lack of these players, however, may have amplified our coaching deficiencies.  It's something I've been thinking about... If we had the talent, would our coaches have made different decisions that might prevent us from second guessing them now? But, there were some boneheaded decisions that were made in play calling that I can't imagine were due to personnel. 

There are so many factors that could be tweaked to get different outcomes that my mind goes crazy trying to play them out.  I just have to come to the conclusion that we are not there yet both in talent and in coaching....the depth issues for personnel are quite clear, but the coaching issue is more cloudy, imo. How many coaches need to go? I know of two I want gone....I wouldn't be sad to see more than that.

This is indeed a crossroads for the Dooley regime. The recipe of players and coaches will be different next year. We know the player side will be beefed up. We don't know what the coaching situation will be like yet. I just hope Dooley gets the formula right.  There's no sense in us not winning 9 games next year. 8 wins may buy him another year, but it won't be on par with where we should be as a program.

This is Tennessee Football. Enough is enough.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: