VTTW Board Index
May 21, 2024, 12:18:23 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Off topic......... Breaking Bad finale  (Read 4628 times)
GreggO
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: September 30, 2013, 05:14:24 EDT »

I didn't follow this show from the get-go, but reading BDV's posts roused my attention. Anyway, watched a good part of the marathon. I don't know how Aaron Paul (Jesse) didn't get an Emmy for Best Supporting Actor. He played the best suffering soul I've ever seen, period.

Great writing, great producing and great directing.

G
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2013, 03:57:40 EDT »

Well, this year's Emmys were for last year's programming.  Based on that, I would have given it to Jonathan Banks, who played Mike.  But Aaron Paul is the clubhouse leader for next year.

Screaming Eagle Dad
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2013, 07:02:52 EDT »

I didn't follow this show from the get-go, but reading BDV's posts roused my attention. Anyway, watched a good part of the marathon. I don't know how Aaron Paul (Jesse) didn't get an Emmy for Best Supporting Actor. He played the best suffering soul I've ever seen, period.

G

Same goes for me. Gonna try to start watching it tonight if I can, but with my life I never know what I'm doing form one minute to the next, especially since my mom passed away last month.
MIAUTIGER
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2013, 08:46:05 EDT »

G

And perhaps the best all around acting on any cable or network drama. Of course, that is my opinion.  But I watched Breaking Bad right from the start.  The acting was good to begin with, and just kept getting better with each season. Combine that with the out-of-this-world writing and that is what makes for a great show.  I was sad to see it go, but thanks to AMC running the Breaking Bad marathon, I now have all the shows on my DVR to rewatch whenever. Or at least until I need more HD room on the DVR.

Bammer suxes! That is all!
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2013, 01:39:39 EDT »

And perhaps the best all around acting on any cable or network drama. Of course, that is my opinion.  But I watched Breaking Bad right from the start.  The acting was good to begin with, and just kept getting better with each season. Combine that with the out-of-this-world writing and that is what makes for a great show.  I was sad to see it go, but thanks to AMC running the Breaking Bad marathon, I now have all the shows on my DVR to rewatch whenever. Or at least until I need more HD room on the DVR.

IMO, it's the best TV drama of all time.  Some episodes were better than others, but I enjoyed every single one (even "Fly").  No other show has given us more "Holy Crap" moments over a 62 hour run.  And every season was better than the one before. 

This is THE golden age for dramatic TV.  There are about 9-10 shows out there right now, any one of which would have swept the Emmys 10-15 years ago.  These days, they can't even get a nomination.  That's how strong the field is in the drama category right now.  Every new season seems to bring 2-3 great new shows.  But all that said, I still think it will be a LONG time before anything eclipses Breaking Bad.  This show was perfect in every way, and I'm really going to miss it.  

GreggO
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2013, 04:11:02 EDT »

BDV, you need to be the resident TV critic of VTTW. I share your taste in television and the music you play at the tailgates. The thing is, I don't subscribe to the pay channels. When I have, I found out that I never watched them. Wasted money for me. Plus, I've never found a lady that shares my (our) taste in tv shows. AMC is really coming on strong and I hope they set a trend with this programing without having to pay premium fees.

Yes, I really did like the development of J Banks's character, Mike. He was SO practical! X2 hated my "practical" side which is quite dominant in my work. (Does'nt matter her son works as an analyst for a 3-letter angency in DC) I did like to see him soften a bit, but that killed him. Good work from him all the way around.

During the marathon, I never knew what season I was watching. If Gilligan can't build a tv empire off this show, then: 1 - he is spreading himself too thin: 2 - networks will call this show a fluke and try a bleed money from his talent; 3 - his agent is down-right stupid!

Great show and I'm glad you steared me to it. Thanks, buddy.

Hope to see you again soon. (BTW, living in Chattown now.)

G
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 04:15:07 EDT by GreggO » Logged
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2013, 04:37:38 EDT »

I might be one of a few humans that never watched 1 minute of this program...I'll have to see the re-runs.
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2013, 09:33:05 EDT »

I just started watching Breaking Bad on Netflix, I can only handle one at a time, and now that Dexter is over, I have to replace it.

So far I have watched the first 5 episodes...a little slow so far, but I am hoping it picks up

droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2013, 05:32:44 EDT »

The finale did wonders for Badfinger's music.

http://social.entertainment.msn.com/music/blogs/post--breaking-bad-boosts-baby-blue
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2013, 06:53:54 EDT »

I haven't looked,  but I bet Marty Robbins has seen a spike, too.

73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2013, 02:41:08 EDT »

I never really watched Breaking Bad. But I make a habit of watching any series finale just to see how they wrap the story line up.

I was really impressed with the writing and acting on Br Ba. If though I did not watch the show, this just seemed like this was the only way to end it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: