VTTW Board Index
May 21, 2024, 09:07:09 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: This SEC commercial....  (Read 4618 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: November 03, 2019, 01:16:43 EST »

“After the whistle, bitter rivals become sworn allies”.

Yeah, no. Not one little bit. The rest of the SEC can rot, as far as I’m concerned.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2019, 06:19:15 EST »

Yeah, no. Not one little bit. The rest of the SEC can rot, as far as I’m concerned.

Plus 1!

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
10EC
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2019, 01:30:59 EST »

With one exception for me... Auburn.  I really like them for one simple reason.

They are the only team in the country that hate Bammer more than us.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2019, 01:49:54 EST »

Yep.  Hope they all lose every week.
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2019, 02:06:03 EST »

If it doesn't benefit UT, it ain't on my (and therefore Santa Claus') good list.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2019, 06:21:19 EST »

With one exception for me... Auburn.  I really like them for one simple reason.

They are the only team in the country that hate Bammer more than us.

Agree with that. I am least hostile to them. Root for them hard against bammer, but don't GAS most of the rest of the time.  Although I do want them good to challenge bammer, so...

Also root for them against Florida, Georgia, LSU, in order of my least favorite teams.  To a lesser extent I'll root for them against the other East teams because it counts in the standings, but don't care when they play any other SEC team.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2019, 07:27:26 EST »

I think you are all FOS. So I am supposed to believe you want the SEC to look like the AAC strength wise and all these top SEC teams to have losing records and strength of schedule to look like crap. MMM..okay I believe you.

volsboyinsodak
Creek Walker
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2019, 07:33:30 EST »

I think you are all FOS. So I am supposed to believe you want the SEC to look like the AAC strength wise and all these top SEC teams to have losing records and strength of schedule to look like crap. MMM..okay I believe you.

I'm sure the idea of Tennessee fans rooting against Alabama appalls you to no end, but I assure you that I actively root for just about every SEC team to lose every time they take the field. It doesn't benefit us any if our opponents have winning records and our strength of schedule is strong. The BCS days are long gone, and we aren't in that hunt anyway. We're recruiting against those schools. Let's get the recruits in place to actually be in the national conversation and then we can worry about how the SEC's strength is perceived.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2019, 07:53:23 EST »

You're right.  TN football's strength of schedule is what keeps me up at night. 

volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2019, 08:44:15 EST »

I'm sure the idea of Tennessee fans rooting against Alabama appalls you to no end, but I assure you that I actively root for just about every SEC team to lose every time they take the field. It doesn't benefit us any if our opponents have winning records and our strength of schedule is strong. The BCS days are long gone, and we aren't in that hunt anyway. We're recruiting against those schools. Let's get the recruits in place to actually be in the national conversation and then we can worry about how the SEC's strength is perceived.
Like I said, you are FOS. If the Vols ever get back to contending you want the SEC to be weak. Got it. I have never rooted for Bama. I just know they are the ones we have to beat to matter.

volsboyinsodak
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2019, 08:51:49 EST »

`
Like I said, you are FOS. If the Vols ever get back to contending you want the SEC to be weak. Got it. I have never rooted for Bama. I just know they are the ones we have to beat to matter.
FUUFF!

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2019, 08:53:44 EST »

It has nothing to do with wanting the SEC to be strong or weak.  Bottom line is we don't care if the rest of the SEC is strong or weak.  We hate every other SEC school and want them to lose and their fans to be sad at every possible opportunity.  When we get back to contending, I still won't care what the rest of the SEC is doing.  I'll still want them all to lose every game.
Creek Walker
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2019, 10:35:16 EST »

I have never rooted for Bama.

You're FOS.

(See how that works?  )
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2019, 11:37:51 EST »

Just because we don't agree with you doesn't make us liars. Weak-minded folks berate others with differing views for no reason other than that they don't agree with what is said.

A weak ACC has really hurt Clemson over the past few years. They've really suffered because of it! 

I'm a Tennessee fan. I am in favor of whatever helps the Vols.

I have a close friend who is a UGA fan. We play golf together. All of the other members of our golf group "pull for UGA" except when UT plays them because of him. I told him that I don't pull for UGA unless it benefits Tennessee. He laughed and said that he feels exactly the same way about UGA. It doesn't bother him at all that UT has been in the basement for the past decade+.  In fact, he's thoroughly enjoyed it.   

If you want to be an SEC guy, more power to you. I'm a Tennesse guy.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2019, 11:55:51 EST »

Just because we don't agree with you doesn't make us liars. Weak-minded folks berate others with differing views for no reason other than that they don't agree with what is said.

A weak ACC has really hurt Clemson over the past few years. They've really suffered because of it! 

I'm a Tennessee fan. I am in favor of whatever helps the Vols.

I have a close friend who is a UGA fan. We play golf together. All of the other members of our golf group "pull for UGA" except when UT plays them because of him. I told him that I don't pull for UGA unless it benefits Tennessee. He laughed and said that he feels exactly the same way about UGA. It doesn't bother him at all that UT has been in the basement for the past decade+.  In fact, he's thoroughly enjoyed it.   

If you want to be an SEC guy, more power to you. I'm a Tennesse guy.
Yep!

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2019, 01:24:53 EST »

+100. I've never understood why UT fans would root for another SEC team in bowl games/playoffs etc....They are the enemy IMO. Just like when Bruce Pearl went to Auburn....I liked and backed Pearl when he was at UT but when he went to coach Auburn at that day and time he became the enemy and I hoped he would lose every game.
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2019, 06:20:52 EST »

mmm...okay...whatever you say.

volsboyinsodak
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2019, 07:10:27 EST »

I don't necessarily pull for SEC teams. It depends on the team and the team that they're playing. For instance, I would probably never pull for UGA, UF or Bama. But if they are playing the tiglets: SEC! SEC! SEC! 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: