VTTW Board Index
May 05, 2024, 07:14:05 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Netflix subscribers...  (Read 2399 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: January 09, 2013, 02:26:43 EST »

Have you guys seen the House of Cards trailer yet?  Looks like it will be really good.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ULwUzF1q5w4" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/ULwUzF1q5w4</a>
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 02:28:17 EST by Black Diamond Vol » Logged

Creek Walker
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2013, 02:42:53 EST »

After swearing that I would leave Netflix when they split their digital/mail subscriptions and essentially hiked the price on everyone, I'm starting to like them more and more. They're finally building their database to the point that it's worth the monthly fee, and original material like this just makes it that much better.

I'd like to see a great deal more work go into continuing to expand the streaming database to include older movies, but at least there has been some improvement.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2013, 02:51:13 EST »

After swearing that I would leave Netflix when they split their digital/mail subscriptions and essentially hiked the price on everyone, I'm starting to like them more and more. They're finally building their database to the point that it's worth the monthly fee, and original material like this just makes it that much better.

I'd like to see a great deal more work go into continuing to expand the streaming database to include older movies, but at least there has been some improvement.

They're also bringing back Arrested Development.  It's supposedly in production and set to return later this year.  Can.  Not.  Wait.

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2013, 03:03:53 EST »

BTW, how old do you consider "Old" for a movie?  Because Amazon Prime has pretty good collection, and compliments Netflix nicely.  But I'm talking REALLY old.  Like Casablanca and Citizen Kane old.  In fact, I've been acquainting myself with Hitchcock's work- recently viewed North by Northwest and Vertigo.

Creek Walker
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2013, 03:08:09 EST »

I've never checked out Amazon Prime. But unless something has changed I can't watch Amazon streaming content on my iPad, which is where I do most of my Netflix'ing. (Amazon was my weekly fix for Breaking Bad while Dish Network was playing hardball with AMC and I had to use my wife's Kindle.) I'll have to check them out. By "old" I'm thinking mostly '60s and '70s stuff. I love the old Disney movies starring folks like Dean Jones and Curt Russell, for example.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2013, 03:12:47 EST »

They're not available on the iPad.  Tablet-wise, they're pretty much exclusive to the Kindle Fire.  But they are on Xbox and most Blu Ray players.  Prime is a pretty good deal- 80 bucks a year gets you access to their streaming library and free 2 day shipping on most products you buy on the website.

Creek Walker
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2013, 03:21:34 EST »

I just did a quick search through the Amazon streaming library. Pretty cool. Unfortunately it looks like most of the movies I would want to sign up for Prime for aren't available for unlimited Prime streaming.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: