VTTW Board Index
May 07, 2024, 08:09:46 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: When does baseball season start?  (Read 521 times)
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: February 12, 2023, 05:38:26 EST »

Failing that, when do the hot-boards start up?

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2023, 06:07:57 EST »

Hot boards?

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2023, 06:54:16 EST »

This coming weekend...Friday and Saturday games are on the MLB Network I believe.

And Barnes needs to retire....Just thought I'd throw that in there.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2023, 05:27:56 EST »

I figured Pirate was joking about baseball, so didn't give an answer.  But who knows, he is quite ancient and perhaps unable to google a baseball schedule.   

So TnPhil, if Barnes retires, who ya gonna get?

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2023, 05:34:25 EST »

I figured Pirate was joking about baseball, so didn't give an answer.  But who knows, he is quite ancient and perhaps unable to google a baseball schedule.  

I hope he doesn't retire, but you know it will be within 5 years. When he does we need to find another Bruce Pearl, or Nate Oats, or like the guy at Arkansas. None of them were well known. OTOH UT has mostly been pretty good for two decades, and the area in the Nashville, Atlanta, Charlotte triangle produces pretty good talent, too. We Might be able to hire whoever we want.  Who are the big dogs of coaching anymore, anyway?
« Last Edit: February 13, 2023, 05:42:07 EST by SmokeyJoe » Logged
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2023, 05:52:46 EST »

I hope he doesn't retire, but you know it will be within 5 years. When he does we need to find another Bruce Pearl, or Nate Oats, or like the guy at Arkansas. None of them were well known. OTOH UT has mostly been pretty good for two decades, and the area in the Nashville, Atlanta, Charlotte triangle produces pretty good talent, too. We Might be able to hire whoever we want.  Who are the big dogs of coaching anymore, anyway?

Danny White knows Nate Oates very well. Just saying.

SmokeyJoe
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2023, 07:12:04 EST »

Danny White knows Nate Oates very well. Just saying.

Ha! I see now that White hired Oats at Buffalo 
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2023, 06:02:10 EST »

I figured Pirate was joking about baseball, so didn't give an answer.  But who knows, he is quite ancient and perhaps unable to google a baseball schedule.  

Love that question....I'd say it's the AD Whites job that makes over a million to hire us a BB coach....How did these other schools get basketball coaches?....How did Bama get Oats? Who White hired at Buffalo....How bout Ark....how bout Auburn....how bout Texas....how bout UCLA that told Barnes to stick it but hired a coach instead that got them to the NC game?. etc...etc...etc...

Ga ron tee I could find us a coach that could get to 1 Sweet 16 in fifteen years that Barnes gets paid Top 5 money for.....Wonder if Bama would keep paying Saban 10 million per to just get to the Music City...or Belk Bowl? Now that Heupel is getting 9 million per how many Liberty Bowls in a row before he gets his ass fired?
« Last Edit: February 13, 2023, 06:04:23 EST by Tnphil » Logged
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2023, 11:07:11 EST »

Love that question....I'd say it's the AD Whites job that makes over a million to hire us a BB coach....How did these other schools get basketball coaches?....How did Bama get Oats? Who White hired at Buffalo....How bout Ark....how bout Auburn....how bout Texas....how bout UCLA that told Barnes to stick it but hired a coach instead that got them to the NC game?. etc...etc...etc...

Ga ron tee I could find us a coach that could get to 1 Sweet 16 in fifteen years that Barnes gets paid Top 5 money for.....Wonder if Bama would keep paying Saban 10 million per to just get to the Music City...or Belk Bowl? Now that Heupel is getting 9 million per how many Liberty Bowls in a row before he gets his ass fired?

Good answers.  Let's hope it's at least how many Orange Bowls in a row for Heupel.

A fair comparison though is how many Liberty Bowls in a row does Stoops go to at UK before he is fired?  He is just a tad behind Heupel at $8.6 milion.  He would not only not be making that at UT, and he would have most likely been fired by now.

Is Barnes the Bball coach at a football school while Stoops is the football coach at a bball school, in which case there are different standards?   

What Barnes is doing at UT may not be acceptable in terms of post season play, but he has certainly improved the product significantly.  A lot like Stoops did for football at UK.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: