VTTW Board Index
May 05, 2024, 06:51:45 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm sorry to say this  (Read 3304 times)
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« on: February 07, 2013, 04:43:30 EST »

But I am really over Cuonzo ball. Ready for him to go. Ugly basketball.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2013, 10:35:26 EST »

But I am really over Cuonzo ball. Ready for him to go. Ugly basketball.

I said to a coworker just yesterday, "looks like Cuonzo has gone the route of Buzz."  Nice, classy guy but can't get it done.  Still, next year will tell the tale for sure.
73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2013, 05:28:19 EST »

When you cannot recruit difference-makers and cannot coach your players so they improve and progress, you get the UT program right now. This team is regressing and getting worse. Pull the plug now. Another season will NOT make a difference. He is a mid-major coach that should have stayed at mid-major. He obviously does not know who the players on this team are or if he does, he cannot get them to play with intensity.  This team has no fire in their bellies. No leader out on the floor.
101stDad
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2013, 06:09:54 EST »

Agreed.  Not sure we can afford a year 3, but I would be shocked if they pull the trigger now. 
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2013, 07:55:03 EST »

I'm firmly on board for another year.  The sample is still too small IMO.  Bad injuries and defections have riddled the current team.   I see some signs of progress on the offensive side.   Another year is fine with me.  I am old school on the coach having enough time to assemble "his" team.

Having said that, I am not thrilled with where we are either.  Cuanzo better get it together quick.  I won't be saying these things next year, that's for sure.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2013, 08:07:26 EST »

Agreed.  Not sure we can afford a year 3, but I would be shocked if they pull the trigger now. 

They won't pull the trigger now. But they're delaying the inevitable. I have seen enough to know CCM doesn't know offense. He will waste a lot of talent next year.

Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2013, 08:13:37 EST »

He will waste a lot of talent next year.

He will, but odds are good that they will make the tourney despite him and he'll get a 4th year and contract extension. If Stokes stays he'll have pretty much no choice but to have a decent team.

I expect 2014-2015 to be a fall-off-the-face-of-the-earth year for UT basketball and that by April 2015 we will be starting from scratch with a new coach and little talent.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2013, 08:20:58 EST »

He will, but odds are good that they will make the tourney despite him and he'll get a 4th year and contract extension. If Stokes stays he'll have pretty much no choice but to have a decent team.

I expect 2014-2015 to be a fall-off-the-face-of-the-earth year for UT basketball and that by April 2015 we will be starting from scratch with a new coach and little talent.

Pearl will be back and get us back to kicking ass 

As for Stokes, I don't see where he has any choice. he isn't getting drafted after this yr

Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2013, 08:23:43 EST »

As for Stokes, I don't see where he has any choice. he isn't getting drafted after this yr

Never underestimate the height of human greed or the depth of human stupidity. Dumber decisions have been made. I agree, though . . . at his size he needs to develop a better handle and a 15 foot jumper. It's too bad we don't have someone to teach him those things.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: