VTTW Board Index
May 05, 2024, 06:22:39 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Based on the reactions, I thought maybe Vonn Bell dissed us in the presser  (Read 3340 times)
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: February 07, 2013, 04:54:00 EST »

But I guess all he did was pick tOSU.  I am disappointed, but going in, while I was optimistic and hopeful that he would pick the Vols, I didn't have a strong confidence that he would. I did think we were ahead though.  I thought tOSU was the last place he would go.  Oh well.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
RipleyVol12
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2013, 08:50:34 EST »

I think the main thing was his integrity in that he lied to his dad saying he's was committing to us then flipped the way he did.

GO VOLS!   
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2013, 10:33:23 EST »

The thing that hurt for me was how things began "leaking" in the minutes leading up to his announcement.  I'm sitting there refreshing my twitter feed constantly and I start seeing tweets of how it appears Vonn was a Vol.  Even Bruce Feldman from cbs sports put it out there, so naturally I committed emotionally.  I signed up for the texting service from SportsAnimal99 that texts every time UT got a fax, and they sent a text saying Vonn Bell chooses OSU.  I just sat there staring at my phone.   
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2013, 02:04:09 EST »

The thing that hurt for me was how things began "leaking" in the minutes leading up to his announcement.  I'm sitting there refreshing my twitter feed constantly and I start seeing tweets of how it appears Vonn was a Vol.  Even Bruce Feldman from cbs sports put it out there, so naturally I committed emotionally.  I signed up for the texting service from SportsAnimal99 that texts every time UT got a fax, and they sent a text saying Vonn Bell chooses OSU.  I just sat there staring at my phone.   

And the rumor was that Urban leaked it to spoil Bell's announcement for UT; I'm wondering if he still leaked it, just because he's the SOB he is. It was certainly a twist of the knife.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2013, 02:18:32 EST »

And the rumor was that Urban leaked it to spoil Bell's announcement for UT; I'm wondering if he still leaked it, just because he's the SOB he is. It was certainly a twist of the knife.

I don't doubt it one bit.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2013, 03:47:21 EST »

I didn't have time to follow it yesterday, so I guess no effect of the type you describe.  No doubt, losing him is a big blow to this class, but we will move on.

I did watch his presser.  He seems confident that tOSU will challenge for the NC based on last season.  He's a kid.  tOSU slipped by in several games.  I've said it before, I'll say it again, if you win four coin tosses one season, likely you lose most of them the next.  But such reasoning is lost on Vonn. He just sees 12-0.   Good luck at tOSU Vonn.  You're going to need it.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
crockettman
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2013, 04:26:52 EST »

Karma can be a beotch..Would be poetic justice if UT ends up playing the butteyes in a bowl sometime in the next 4 yrs and we spank them 
Creek Walker
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2013, 04:37:03 EST »

I don't doubt it one bit.

When all the talk was circulating about Family First leaking the info as a way to get back at Bell, I found myself wondering if he might've leaked it just to stick a knife in UT's gut. I would love to pick Bruce Feldman's brain about where he got his info. Obviously it had to be solid for him to run with it like he did. I would bet $100 that it came from Columbus.
101stDad
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2013, 05:20:38 EST »

Good luck to him in the Big 10(used to be 11, then was 12, now is 14 - I think, but who cares?).   If he does get to the BCSNCG, they will lose to an SEC team, anyway. 

Time to move on.  TK2 is the next target. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: