VTTW Board Index
May 15, 2024, 08:07:27 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What is our QB situation?  (Read 7336 times)
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2019, 05:43:03 EDT »

Nope, not refusing it at all. Just wonder what "changing the play at the line" means.  You are right about the amount of time though, I had thought of that.  So I would defnitely lean towards he went rogue.  The blocking scheme definitely was not for a QB sneak. 

But I will say this also...take a time out, don't try to rush the play, and likely this doesn't happen.  Doesn't excuse JG, but I was not a fan of the decision to try and get the play off quickly.  Still, had JG handed the ball off, we would very likely have scored.

And yeah, I know, on the view that TnPhil posted it looks like Crouch could have walked in, but you have to factor in that the defense reacted to the sneak.  Had they seen the handoff, the hole might have been filled.

Look, dumfizzle.  EVERYBODY ran the same play except for one person.  Every damned one of them.   If the play was changed, the QB forgot to relay that to the rest of the team.  The only miscoummunication came in his own head. 

You really do look stupid trying to defend the indefensible. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2019, 05:48:05 EDT »

Watch Trey Smith the left guard....You DO NOT pull your guard on a QB sneak. Watch the left tackle and left tight end.....You DO NOT have your left tackle and and tight end block down on a QB sneak....they are blocking Bama's defensive line into the QB sneak area....Watch our fullback and tailback going to the hole off tackle to the left where the play was meant to go until they realized Gitmo had screwed up and they went to try and help.....Watch Trey Smith block his man back into the end zone where the play was called to go.......And watch the Bama linebackers right before the snap walk up into the gaps between the left and right guard and center....Right then and there any QB on any level who had called his own damn number for a sneak would call timeout when he saw the backers walk into the gaps. It was a total screw up by the QB......Bama was in the exact defense we wanted them to be in for the play we had called...They played right into our hands and the QB screwed the pooch......My 13 year old Grandson would have scored on that play.

https://twitter.com/allenrussell2/status/1185779983630962690?s=21
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2019, 06:05:22 EDT »

Watch Trey Smith the left guard....You DO NOT pull your guard on a QB sneak. Watch the left tackle and left tight end.....You DO NOT have your left tackle and and tight end block down on a QB sneak....they are blocking Bama's defensive line into the QB sneak area....Watch our fullback and tailback going to the hole off tackle to the left where the play was meant to go until they realized Gitmo had screwed up and they went to try and help.....Watch Trey Smith block his man back into the end zone where the play was called to go.......And watch the Bama linebackers right before the snap walk up into the gaps between the left and right guard and center....Right then and there any QB on any level who had called his own damn number for a sneak would call timeout when he saw the backers walk into the gaps. It was a total screw up by the QB......Bama was in the exact defense we wanted them to be in for the play we had called...They played right into our hands and the QB screwed the pooch......My 13 year old Grandson would have scored on that play.

No need to even try any more.  That dumb MickeyFickey will never get it.  He isn't capable. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2019, 06:15:16 EDT »

Fizzle and shizzle.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2019, 07:39:55 EDT »

Look, dumfizzle.  EVERYBODY ran the same play except for one person.  Every damned one of them.   If the play was changed, the QB forgot to relay that to the rest of the team.  The only miscoummunication came in his own head. 

You really do look stupid trying to defend the indefensible. 

I can always count on you to blow up and make a complete arse of yourself 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2019, 07:40:46 EDT »

BanditVol in argue mode? Surely you jest! 

Just nit picking a bit 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2019, 07:43:02 EDT »

Yeah, I get it. the video is very convincing.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2019, 08:10:05 EDT »

No need to even try any more.  That dumb MickeyFickey will never get it.  He isn't capable. 

On the contrary, I really appreciate TnPhil's post.  Some people know how to post, others don't. 

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2019, 08:16:38 EDT »

If it was an audible, which it most obviously wasn't, left guard Trey Smith would've certainly heard it and not pulled.

Perfect play call and perfect execution by everyone except JG.
Creek Walker
« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2019, 08:28:19 EDT »

Man this is fun. A fight that I'm not in the middle of. 
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2019, 08:53:38 EDT »

I don't know if it has been mentioned before, but did Bammar sucker Git-da-fizzle-outta-here-mo into the sneak?  They left the 1 gap open, then filled it after Git-da-fizzle-outta-here-mo called out a sign or audibled or spoke in toungues or who da fizzle knows.  I have no clue what the crazy fizzle was thinking.  He fizzleing blew it, as is obvious.  I will say i am proud about his teammates and coaching staff showing huge restraint in the blame game.  Not sure if that will last, but jeez, what a Galactic sized F-up that was.  Git-da-fizzle-outta-here-mo managed the game OK when he filled in, but of course he still was able to show off all of his glaring shortcomings.  There was that one swing pass in the red zone where he overthrew a wide open vol by 3-4 yds on what woulda been a sure 6 pts.  I was not able to watch the whole game, but I saw at LEAST 2 times Git-da-fizzle-outta-here-mo deftly avoid the rush and rollout out only to ABSOLUTELY fizzleING REFUSE to look downfield and find an open receiver.  Naw, he opted for a sure 2 yd gain instead both times.  That STUPID MOTHER fizzleER.  IT'S fizzleING MADDENING.  The kid has talent, he is just a fizzleING BASKETCASE.  I Guarantee-ano you he will go on after he leaves UT to the NFL and he will have moderate success.  Why in the hell would I say somehting like that?  Well, that is just how things work for this fizzleed up, shizzlety luck program.

Creek Walker
« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2019, 08:55:05 EDT »

I don't know if it has been mentioned before, but did Bammar sucker Git-da-fizzle-outta-here-mo into the sneak?  They left the 1 gap open, then filled it after Git-da-fizzle-outta-here-mo called out a sign or audibled or spoke in toungues or who da fizzle knows.  I have no clue what the crazy fizzle was thinking.  He fizzleing blew it, as is obvious.  I will say i am proud about his teammates and coaching staff showing huge restraint in the blame game.  Not sure if that will last, but jeez, what a Galactic sized F-up that was.  Git-da-fizzle-outta-here-mo managed the game OK when he filled in, but of course he still was able to show off all of his glaring shortcomings.  There was that one swing pass in the red zone where he overthrew a wide open vol by 3-4 yds on what woulda been a sure 6 pts.  I was not able to watch the whole game, but I saw at LEAST 2 times Git-da-fizzle-outta-here-mo deftly avoid the rush and rollout out only to ABSOLUTELY fizzleING REFUSE to look downfield and find an open receiver.  Naw, he opted for a sure 2 yd gain instead both times.  That STUPID MOTHER fizzleER.  IT'S fizzleING MADDENING.  The kid has talent, he is just a fizzleING BASKETCASE.  I Guarantee-ano you he will go on after he leaves UT to the NFL and he will have moderate success.  Why in the hell would I say somehting like that?  Well, that is just how things work for this fizzleed up, shizzlety luck program.

You win the award for most fizzles in a post.

BanditVol, forfeit your trophy.
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 21, 2019, 08:58:16 EDT »

You win the award for most fizzles in a post.

BanditVol, forfeit your trophy.
What?!?  I'm not in the fizzleing running?!?
I demand a recount!

BTW, FTR, I don't want to see Gitmo behind a Tennessee center, ever again!

I'd rather see JJ running a single-wing offense that ever seeing JG sporting #2 ever again

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 21, 2019, 09:19:00 EDT »

If it was an audible, which it most obviously wasn't, left guard Trey Smith would've certainly heard it and not pulled.

Perfect play call and perfect execution by everyone except JG.

If you beat the horse long enough, he might get up and walk. 

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 21, 2019, 09:57:40 EDT »

If you beat the horse long enough, he might get up and walk.  

If you are tired of the subject, stop opening the thread.  Easy peasy!  

You are one to talk about beating dead horses!   
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: