VTTW Board Index
May 04, 2024, 03:38:10 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Changes I'd like to see vs Ark state  (Read 4345 times)
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« on: September 02, 2014, 04:37:12 EDT »

- Work Weisman into center more, get him ready for the SEC. I don't think Crowder is a SEC level center.
- Get Blair into the game. He was recruited to play LT, let him get some experience vs Ark state
- More downfield throws to North and Malone
- Use Hurd more out of the backfield. Dude can get it done in space.
- More screens to Pig and Pearson
- More PT for Weatherd, TK Jr, Bates.
- Worley - if you're running the zone read - keep the ball when the DE crashes in - keep them honest
- Someone else return KOs. Need some speed back there. Berry? Pearson? Malone?
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2014, 04:57:32 EDT »

Wondering if Blair will redshirt.  Surprised he didn't get in vs. Utah St.
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2014, 04:58:08 EDT »

Wondering if Blair will redshirt.  Surprised he didn't get in vs. Utah St.

I can't see it. Especially with Gilliam hurt

Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2014, 05:11:37 EDT »

- Work Weisman into center more, get him ready for the SEC. I don't think Crowder is a SEC level center.
- Get Blair into the game. He was recruited to play LT, let him get some experience vs Ark state
- More downfield throws to North and Malone
- Use Hurd more out of the backfield. Dude can get it done in space.
- More screens to Pig and Pearson
- More PT for Weatherd, TK Jr, Bates.
- Worley - if you're running the zone read - keep the ball when the DE crashes in - keep them honest
- Someone else return KOs. Need some speed back there. Berry? Pearson? Malone?

Just a couple comments:

* Wiesman had 6-7 snaps in the game and every one of them was high-- one nearly got past Peterman. We need Crowder to improve regardless, but I'm not sure C is Wiesman's best position right now.

* Blair is now third team and I don't think it'd be a surprise if he never sees the field for UT. Apparently he's stiff and has a weak lower body, and Kendrick is option #2 at LT after Gilliam. I'm not sure we want to see Blair out there unless we lose at least two guys to injury.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2014, 05:15:25 EDT »

CO, yes I noticed they were high, but that can be corrected with coaching and repetition. He's a far more physical guy than Crowder though. Crowder was really bad vs Utah state, got manhandled all night.

If what you say is true about Blair then he's a bust, hope not the case

Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2014, 05:19:31 EDT »

CO, yes I noticed they were high, but that can be corrected with coaching and repetition. He's a far more physical guy than Crowder though. Crowder was really bad vs Utah state, got manhandled all night.

If what you say is true about Blair then he's a bust, hope not the case

I don't completely agree re: Crowder. He had one terrible play in which he was manhandled but I don't think he was as awful as you suggest overall. I do like Wiesman a lot and I think he's going to play quite a bit at guard this year. If he's going to play center that snap issue definitely needs adjusting. Could have been nerves.

When Gilliam went down it was Kendrick who came in. I'm guessing if Kendrick went down, it would have been either Coleman Thomas or Kerbyson sliding over from RT. I hope what I've heard about Blair is wrong too, but as of now it appears that he is not as advertised. Time will tell.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

SmokeyJoe
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2014, 05:56:21 EDT »

Any word on Gilliam's injury?
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2014, 06:19:40 EDT »

Any word on Gilliam's injury?

Torn ACL, per Butch.

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2014, 07:23:55 EDT »

I don't completely agree re: Crowder. He had one terrible play in which he was manhandled but I don't think he was as awful as you suggest overall. I do like Wiesman a lot and I think he's going to play quite a bit at guard this year. If he's going to play center that snap issue definitely needs adjusting. Could have been nerves.

When Gilliam went down it was Kendrick who came in. I'm guessing if Kendrick went down, it would have been either Coleman Thomas or Kerbyson sliding over from RT. I hope what I've heard about Blair is wrong too, but as of now it appears that he is not as advertised. Time will tell.

I think now our options are Kendrick and Blair. I don't see them flipping Kerbyson there, that would leave Thomas and Robertson, both true FR on the right.

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2014, 07:30:19 EDT »

I think now our options are Kendrick and Blair. I don't see them flipping Kerbyson there, that would leave Thomas and Robertson, both true FR on the right.

Glad you agreed with me on VQ ...

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2014, 07:30:22 EDT »

Torn ACL, per Butch.

Aw hell so he is done Let's hope Blair is a gamer. If the guy is that bad in practice, you would think they would have seen that in the evaluation.
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2014, 08:23:28 EDT »

Glad you agreed with me on VQ ...

Didn't even know you posted on VQ

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: