VTTW Board Index
May 16, 2024, 12:21:23 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OT: UT Chancellor  (Read 1824 times)
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« on: October 14, 2016, 06:04:46 EDT »

I read that it was offered to Brian Noland at ETSU and it would have doubled his current salary and he said No Thanks? I'm sure that no AD will take the UT job until he knows who the Chancellor will be. And......Mississippi State is very much interested in Blackburn in their AD search.

Is their very much doubt UT will find a way to screw this up?
73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2016, 06:36:18 EDT »

I do not doubt your sources, but according to the Alumni emails and local news reports, UT has not narrowed it down to candidates to invite to campus for meet-and-greet yet. I am not saying that the search team has not had contact with the other representatives of prospective candidates. At this stage, I have to assume they are simply gauging interest, talking salary ranges, and explaining duties. According the Faculty Senate, no one has talked to them yet. Also, until DePietro fills the other vacant positions, he will not offer a job IMO.

No to say UT does not have a favored candidate or wish list. But I think no one has been offered. No one is the leader in the club house. No one has a clue what UT has done or will do and anyone writing as if they have inside knowledge is just blowing smoke. IMO no one at UT but DePietro or the search committee has a clue. It would be a WAG as to a leader.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2016, 07:13:49 EDT »

No sources....Just what I read on 2 different boards on the Chancellor. However I do have a good friend at Miss State and they are interested in Blackburn...he is in their top 5.
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2016, 10:33:30 EDT »

I do not doubt your sources, but according to the Alumni emails and local news reports, UT has not narrowed it down to candidates to invite to campus for meet-and-greet yet. I am not saying that the search team has not had contact with the other representatives of prospective candidates. At this stage, I have to assume they are simply gauging interest, talking salary ranges, and explaining duties. According the Faculty Senate, no one has talked to them yet. Also, until DePietro fills the other vacant positions, he will not offer a job IMO.

No to say UT does not have a favored candidate or wish list. But I think no one has been offered. No one is the leader in the club house. No one has a clue what UT has done or will do and anyone writing as if they have inside knowledge is just blowing smoke. IMO no one at UT but DePietro or the search committee has a clue. It would be a WAG as to a leader.
I'll vouch for one of his sources

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: