VTTW Board Index
May 04, 2024, 02:01:53 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Time for the ACCCG  (Read 3180 times)
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: December 02, 2012, 01:55:59 EST »

I think FSU will beat GT 52-42 and wind up playing Louisville in the Future Tennessee Coach Bowl

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2012, 02:03:11 EST »

A hell of a lot of empty seats

WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2012, 02:49:14 EST »

FSU is just cruising along 21-6
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 03:25:53 EST by WoodstockVol » Logged

Creek Walker
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2012, 03:22:22 EST »

I hope everyone outside the South who bitches about the SEC being "overrated" is taking note. First the Pac-12 plays a dull game in front of an attendance of -- LOL -- 31,600. Now the ACC is presenting us with a yawner being played in a half-full venue. There are probably about 10 people watching Wisconsin smoke Nebraska in the B1G championship game. In between, there was the Bama-UGA thriller that none of these other games can come close to matching.
101stDad
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2012, 03:34:36 EST »

Still a lot of tickets available on StubHub for $4 each. 
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2012, 03:36:12 EST »

Still a lot of tickets available on StubHub for $4 each. 

I think people walked outside and found them stuck in their windshield wiper

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2012, 03:46:08 EST »

I hope everyone outside the South who bitches about the SEC being "overrated" is taking note. First the Pac-12 plays a dull game in front of an attendance of -- LOL -- 31,600. Now the ACC is presenting us with a yawner being played in a half-full venue. There are probably about 10 people watching Wisconsin smoke Nebraska in the B1G championship game. In between, there was the Bama-UGA thriller that none of these other games can come close to matching.

Between the ACC ad B10 games going on right now, there is an entire stadium's worth of empty seats.  And rankings-wise, last night's MAC Championship had more juice than either of these games.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2012, 04:37:09 EST »

The Pac-12 game was quite entertaining and featured two pretty good teams.  I think Stanford and UCLA could hold their own against most of the SEC.   

I found it interesting that the game was at Stanford.  I guess they play at the home field of the best team???? 

If there were only 31K there for a home game, then either Stanford has a really small stadium or their fans really suck.    If you can't fill your own stadium for the league championship.....

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2012, 01:49:47 EST »

The Pac-12 game was quite entertaining and featured two pretty good teams.  I think Stanford and UCLA could hold their own against most of the SEC.  

I found it interesting that the game was at Stanford.  I guess they play at the home field of the best team????  

If there were only 31K there for a home game, then either Stanford has a really small stadium or their fans really suck.    If you can't fill your own stadium for the league championship.....

Their stadium is small (under 50K, I think) AND their fans suck.  Their old stadium, which seated over 85K, never came close to filling up, so they replaced it a few years ago.  It was one of the weirdest stadiums in football- it was almost like they wanted to make it a full bowl, but ran out of money near the end and just stopped construction.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: