VTTW Board Index
May 04, 2024, 03:42:38 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tino Thomas, Paul Harris, Tom Smith = all gone  (Read 3741 times)
Creek Walker
« on: December 19, 2013, 07:32:42 EST »

How do you fit the square peg that is 30+ verbal commitments into the round hole that is NCAA limitations? That's a start.
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2013, 07:41:41 EST »

How do you fit the square peg that is 30+ verbal commitments into the round hole that is NCAA limitations? That's a start.

I'm not sure that'll be the end of the defections either. This is a good thing for the program, though it's painful in the short term (esp our RB depth . . . I think we'll really try to add a 3rd RB in this class).

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

Screaming Eagle Dad
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2013, 07:44:53 EST »

Were all three of them Dooley recruits?
Creek Walker
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2013, 07:53:32 EST »

I'm not sure that'll be the end of the defections either. This is a good thing for the program, though it's painful in the short term (esp our RB depth . . . I think we'll really try to add a 3rd RB in this class).

If we're "encouraging" them to go elsewhere, I hate it. But there isn't much option to balance the playing field.
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2013, 08:53:03 EST »

It's not painful. Those are guys who weren't going to contribute

BTW we lead for Derell Scott as of now. Long way to Feb though

Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2013, 09:00:03 EST »

It's not painful. Those are guys who weren't going to contribute

BTW we lead for Derell Scott as of now. Long way to Feb though

It's painful to have to tell guys their career here is not going to work out and that they ought to look around, though I guess less so for new coaches since they didn't make the guys any promises.

And I do think it can hurt depth in the short term, as I mentioned with Smith. Barring injuries, I think Lane, Pickett, and Hurd can handle the RB rotation. I just hope we don't have to go deeper than that.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2013, 12:17:21 EST »

It's painful to have to tell guys their career here is not going to work out and that they ought to look around, though I guess less so for new coaches since they didn't make the guys any promises.

And I do think it can hurt depth in the short term, as I mentioned with Smith. Barring injuries, I think Lane, Pickett, and Hurd can handle the RB rotation. I just hope we don't have to go deeper than that.

Need more room for the 2015 class!

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2013, 11:29:21 EST »

Harris seemed to have potential hate to see him go.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
JBuck
Walk-On

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2013, 07:47:39 EST »

Yes, can anyone provide any insight on the Harris departure?  I hate to see him go as well.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: