VTTW Board Index
May 13, 2024, 12:27:38 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I haven’t been on any of the pay sites in years…  (Read 380 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: September 03, 2022, 03:22:51 EDT »

…(Or actually decades at this point) but I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the VQ $1 offer, because why not?

So what is the state of that industry? Did 24/7 take over Scout? This On3 seems to be the new upstart. Are they the new “big” player? Is Rivals going under? I see that the UT Rivals site is now called “Vol Report”, but it’s apparently manned by a bunch of college kids with no previous ties to UT. Is that the case nationwide?

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2022, 03:44:25 EDT »

…(Or actually decades at this point) but I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the VQ $1 offer, because why not?

So what is the state of that industry? Did 24/7 take over Scout? This On3 seems to be the new upstart. Are they the new “big” player? Is Rivals going under? I see that the UT Rivals site is now called “Vol Report”, but it’s apparently manned by a bunch of college kids with no previous ties to UT. Is that the case nationwide?
Brent took Volquest to On3 (owned by the same guy who started Rivals and 247.

Now Rivals have a bunch of kids running the show.  The lead lives in KY and thei BB Recruiting “exert” is 19 years old and a student at UGA
We are talking world class here

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2022, 04:16:01 EDT »

So ALL of these companies were started by the same guy? Interesting.

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2022, 04:44:37 EDT »

So ALL of these companies were started by the same guy? Interesting.
I think it was Scout instead of 247 but yeah, he owns them about 10 years and sells them

I’m a member of VQ because I consider Brent and AP to be among the best and Rob is the best IMO cover basketball.
I followed them to On3 ($1 for the first year)

With the shizzle show the Rivals site has become I have can’t my membership there.

To show you the level of stupidity of some in our fan base there are some that are pissed at Brent because they didn’t announce that they were moving
Apparently these morons have never been near a contractual relationship in their life.

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: