VTTW Board Index
May 13, 2024, 04:18:49 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WR Rotation  (Read 2713 times)
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: August 02, 2015, 12:53:07 EDT »

I wasn't counting on Preston Williams doing much the first half of the season, but without him, how does our rotation look? I think Croom's blocking gets him significant snaps, but will anyone turn into a dynamic #2? I expect North to be the clear 1, and hope Malone can progress.

Minus Pearson, can we be dyamic?

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2015, 01:12:33 EDT »

I think our top 3 (if healthy) will be Pig, North, and Josh Smith. 

I don't think any position group is a bigger mystery than our WRs.  Their ceiling is sky high.  If they stay healthy, out of legal trouble, and/or show up with their head on straight (looking at you, Malone), they can be the best in the SEC, maybe even the best in the country.  But their floor?  Well, we saw it last year (I hope), and it wasn't pretty. 

Azzanni has proven to be a great recruiter, now it's time to prove his coaching chops.

HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2015, 02:13:00 EDT »

I think Croom's blocking gets him significant snaps,

Croom packs quite a punch.   

Go Army - Beat Navy!
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2015, 02:22:16 EDT »

I wasn't counting on Preston Williams doing much the first half of the season, but without him, how does our rotation look? I think Croom's blocking gets him significant snaps, but will anyone turn into a dynamic #2? I expect North to be the clear 1, and hope Malone can progress.

Minus Pearson, can we be dyamic?
Believe it or not, the best blocker in the WR group is Pig.  At least the most consistent.  Croom blocked better as the year wore on.  Against OK he had troubles catching the ball and blocking.  Josh was blocking well before the injury but the sample size is small.

One think I have noticed in watching some of our big games in the past is how well the WR blocked.  For example, the two long TD runs by Graham against bamer were well blocked down field, Nash for one if memory serves.

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2015, 04:17:24 EDT »

1) Thank you Herb. 

2) Pig is super solid. He reminds me of Mark Jones in some ways. He's the known.

3) Like BDV, I think this group can be special...unless they're not.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: