VTTW Board Index
May 17, 2024, 08:41:58 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How did we lose the Berry twins?  (Read 7129 times)
volmeister
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: January 19, 2012, 09:23:23 EST »

Hubbs said we will recruit them, but he doesn't think they will listen. I know EB is pissed with Dooley, I guess he has a lot of influence on little brothers.
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2012, 09:40:22 EST »

They are just now going to be juniors in high school. They aren't lost until they sign with somebody else.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
volmeister
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2012, 09:44:04 EST »

They are just now going to be juniors in high school. They aren't lost until they sign with somebody else.

That is true, but given the animosity between Dooley and EB, and the article in Maxpreps,  right now it doesn't look good.
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2012, 11:08:42 EST »

That is true, but given the animosity between Dooley and EB, and the article in Maxpreps,  right now it doesn't look good.

Well... all I have to say about that is do we really think Dooley will be recruiting the class of 2013? I don't.

I just refuse to get excited about what current high school sophs are saying about recruiting.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
volmeister
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2012, 11:20:40 EST »

Well... all I have to say about that is do we really think Dooley will be recruiting the class of 2013? I don't.

I just refuse to get excited about what current high school sophs are saying about recruiting.

LOL!  You got a point.
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2012, 11:40:34 EST »

And actually if they are rising juniors they would be the class of 2014 anyway.

volmeister
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2012, 11:56:22 EST »

And actually if they are rising juniors they would be the class of 2014 anyway.

Dooley seems to have burned a lot of bridges with some explayers.  I don't understand why.
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2012, 12:14:29 EST »

Dooley seems to have burned a lot of bridges with some explayers.  I don't understand why.
Apparently, Berry cares more about current team members who resemble toast more than football players than he does the coaching staff ...

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
volmeister
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2012, 12:29:35 EST »

Apparently, Berry cares more about current team members who resemble toast more than football players than he does the coaching staff ...

I think Berry is still pissed at Dooley about the facility use bruhaha while he was preparing for the draft.  EB isn't the only explayer that has voiced a negative opinion of Dooley.  I have heard on numerous occasions that he treats his own recruits very different than the other players.
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2012, 01:52:49 EST »

Dammit! I understand he isn't recruiting Travis Henry's kids either.

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2012, 02:08:26 EST »

Dude, we only have 10 coaches on staff.  They're spread pretty thin as it is.  They just can't cover that much territory.  Plus, we can only sign 25.   

volmeister
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2012, 02:11:10 EST »

http://www.maxpreps.com/news/fgdK8UKyEeGkPgAmVebEWg/tennessee-not-recruiting-eric-berrys-brothers.htm

If you are suggesting that it is not important to get in with recruits early, I would point out that Bama, LSU, Auburn, Georgia and Florida are all recruiting the Berry twins.  In fact last year,  Dooley himself said that other SEC coaches had a distinct advantage because they had been on the job longer than him and  were able to establish long term relationships with recruits.

I was just suprised to find out that somebody had turned these two kids off, both of whom last I heard were hot to trot to attend UT.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2012, 06:22:44 EST »

I think Berry is still pissed at Dooley about the facility use bruhaha while he was preparing for the draft.  EB isn't the only explayer that has voiced a negative opinion of Dooley.  I have heard on numerous occasions that he treats his own recruits very different than the other players.

From comments I have heard on radio shows from ex-Vols, I think a lot of them are pissed at the way he has treated some players.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
EmerilVOL
Heisman

Its Tailgating Time in Tennessee (AGAIN)!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2012, 01:53:01 EST »

Hubbs said we will recruit them, but he doesn't think they will listen. I know EB is pissed with Dooley, I guess he has a lot of influence on little brothers.

You believe everything you read on the Internet?  Just asking since the only true facts being said in that piece was the Berry twins had not heard from UT since Charlie Baggett left the staff and that several other schools have evaluated and offerred a scholarship.  Nowhere in the article was there a statement of FACT that the Berry twins were not being recruited by UT anymore. 

It begs the question as to how the writer got from "not hearing from the staff" to the Berry twins are NOT being recruited by UT anymore.  Sometimes it boggles the mind that any self styled blogger / hack can put stuff on the INternet and 35% of the population believes in the gospel of the blogger.

I made this post and I approved it.
EmerilVOL

volmeister
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2012, 02:46:43 EST »

You believe everything you read on the Internet?  Just asking since the only true facts being said in that piece was the Berry twins had not heard from UT since Charlie Baggett left the staff and that several other schools have evaluated and offerred a scholarship.  Nowhere in the article was there a statement of FACT that the Berry twins were not being recruited by UT anymore. 

It begs the question as to how the writer got from "not hearing from the staff" to the Berry twins are NOT being recruited by UT anymore.  Sometimes it boggles the mind that any self styled blogger / hack can put stuff on the INternet and 35% of the population believes in the gospel of the blogger.

Brent Hubbs is not an internet hack.  He is one of, if not  the most reliable source in Knoxville when it comes to UT football.
73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2012, 02:44:49 EST »

You cannot lose something you never had. Eric is mad at UT because his friends on the team did not get to play or start or got punished. He is mad at Dooley because the way he was treated in the off-season. This looks like a job for an assistant AD to contact Eric, listen to him vent, and start work on rebuilding the VFL relationship.
EmerilVOL
Heisman

Its Tailgating Time in Tennessee (AGAIN)!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2012, 02:36:16 EST »

Brent Hubbs is not an internet hack.  He is one of, if not  the most reliable source in Knoxville when it comes to UT football.

This  article was NOT by Hubbs and Hubbs has NOT said that the Berry Twins are NOT being recruited by UT.  Come on meister the article in question was by some blogger and NOT by Hubbs.   This blogger was off base in that there has not been anything posted that UT was not recruiting the Berry twins anymore......

I made this post and I approved it.
EmerilVOL

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: