VTTW Board Index
May 08, 2024, 05:53:57 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Good weather, bad luck.  (Read 2593 times)
Be-the-Vol
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« on: March 05, 2014, 10:51:07 EST »

I thought a lot of you will enjoy this – at my expense of course.

I’ve been waiting to go crappie fishing all winter.   Now that we’ve have some nice weather I thought I’d go. 

After rigging my trailer to allow it to back-up (the brakes were locked), I loaded all my gear in the boat and headed to the ramp.  I backed the boat in, and discovered that I had forgotten the boat key.  I hauled the boat back out and went back home to get the key (that God the ramp is real close to the house).  I got the key and headed back to the ramp.  I put the boat in, parked the truck, and headed out to do some trolling.  I got to my spot, put the trolling motor in, and it didn’t work.     I tried everything I know (which is not much) to get it going.  I checked the connections, the fuse, etc., but I couldn’t get it going.  I tried “trolling” with the wind, but that wasn’t happening.  I decided to just call it a day.  After going back to the ramp, I tied the boat up and backed the trailer into the water.  When I turned around, I found out that I can’t tie a very good knot.  The boat was floating away.  The wind was pushing it away from the ramp, so in the water I went!  The sun was shining, but the water was COLD!  I don’t know how fish do it. 

I'll give it another try Friday.....maybe.
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2014, 11:12:23 EST »

You did hire someone else to build the house, didn't you??????

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2014, 12:05:52 EST »

You did hire someone else to build the house, didn't you??????

Go Army - Beat Navy!
GreggO
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2014, 03:46:47 EST »

I thought a lot of you will enjoy this – at my expense of course.

I’ve been waiting to go crappie fishing all winter.   Now that we’ve have some nice weather I thought I’d go. 

After rigging my trailer to allow it to back-up (the brakes were locked), I loaded all my gear in the boat and headed to the ramp.  I backed the boat in, and discovered that I had forgotten the boat key.  I hauled the boat back out and went back home to get the key (that God the ramp is real close to the house).  I got the key and headed back to the ramp.  I put the boat in, parked the truck, and headed out to do some trolling.  I got to my spot, put the trolling motor in, and it didn’t work.     I tried everything I know (which is not much) to get it going.  I checked the connections, the fuse, etc., but I couldn’t get it going.  I tried “trolling” with the wind, but that wasn’t happening.  I decided to just call it a day.  After going back to the ramp, I tied the boat up and backed the trailer into the water.  When I turned around, I found out that I can’t tie a very good knot.  The boat was floating away.  The wind was pushing it away from the ramp, so in the water I went!  The sun was shining, but the water was COLD!  I don’t know how fish do it. 

I'll give it another try Friday.....maybe.

Guess what...... that's not something that hasn't happened to a lot of fishermen, especially when they haven't been out in a while. But, best thing is I'm sure it won't happen again! Worst thing is you didn't change closthes and get back out there.

G   
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2014, 05:11:13 EST »

At least you didn't do what my Dad did about 10 years ago....he had just bought a boat and he forgot to put the drain plug back in.  We pushed the boat off the trailer and it instantly sunk.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Screaming Eagle Dad
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2014, 06:21:24 EST »

A bad day on the water beats a good day at work on any day!!! Way to keep that spirit!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: