VTTW Board Index
May 04, 2024, 06:56:20 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Peyton Manning story I wanted to share  (Read 2903 times)
bamaakt
Starter

View Profile
« on: January 26, 2012, 01:15:16 EST »

My 10 year old cousin, Harrison, was diagnosed with Leukemia in early December. He has had trouble with his treatment (blood clots and seizures) and they finally realized he had a very rare form....In fact, St. Jude's confirmed it was the only case in the world. The doctors were trying everything to get him in remission so he could start the next phase of his treatment. Yesterday he went in for bone marrow testing to see if the latest treatment was working and if he was in remission...and he WAS!!! His doctor was shocked. His doctor then decided to make a few phone calls and guess who called Harrison this morning....Peyton Manning!!! Harrison is beyond excited to have received a personal phone call from Peyton Manning. Peyton told him that they would get through their problems together and was very encouraging. Now Harrison wants Super Bowl tickets. LOL. 

I thought you all would like this story. The fact that Peyton Manning took the time to call a very sick little 10 year old touched me deeply. This child will always remember today.

If you are on facebook and want to follow Harrison's story, you can go to http://www.facebook.com/pray4harrison 

RockinGrannyVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2012, 01:25:37 EST »

Great story!  Prayers will be going up for your courageous young cousin!   

bamaakt
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2012, 04:24:52 EST »

Thanks!! Harrison is an amazing kid and has so many people praying for him. God is truly working miracles with him.
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2012, 05:05:04 EST »

Great story - not surprised Peyton would do that. Your cousin will be in our thoughts

tnflower
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2012, 03:35:40 EST »

Thanks for sharing that with us Amy. Prayers for Harrison to stay in remission.
Barbivol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2012, 04:31:55 EST »

Peyton Manning goes out of his way and I think he is a great man...He is a special kind of athelete and so glad to call him aTennessee Volunteer...   Good to hear from you Amy...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: