VTTW Board Index
May 03, 2024, 12:59:59 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who’s ready for another round of conference realignment/expansion?  (Read 558 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: May 16, 2023, 05:28:14 EDT »

https://twitter.com/brett_mcmurphy/status/1658174167789756433?s=61&t=wvMUJkiaXIInhx71fKgtyw

droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2023, 02:25:43 EDT »

Getting out of the ACC might not be so easy for them. They wanted the security of the long term deal. Now they may have to live with it. That's a shame. 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/other/acc-schools-can-daydream-about-leaving-league-but-there-s-nowhere-to-go-and-no-way-to-get-there/ar-AA1bh8vs?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=23306c99aa6f4f049bb597d942e5bff0&ei=16
EmerilVOL
Heisman

Its Tailgating Time in Tennessee (AGAIN)!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2023, 11:50:29 EDT »

SEC could add four more teams to get to 20.  This would make it the first super conference.

I made this post and I approved it.
EmerilVOL

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2023, 06:55:18 EDT »

SEC could add four more teams to get to 20.  This would make it the first super conference.

I’ve always wanted the SEC to break into NC and VA. Those are two big states within our geographic footprint that would expand our TV reach all the way up into Big 10 country. They just make sense. UNC and UVA would be preferable, but I’d take VPI, Duke, or NCSU too. I kinda wish we had held off on tx and OU and waited out the ACC’s inevitable demise.

It would suck for scheduling, though. The presumed upcoming 9 game conference slate would feature matchups with every other SEC school every two years, and a visit to every SEC campus every 4. It’s perfect. I don’t know how they’d handle scheduling for 18 or 20 schools.

SmokeyJoe
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2023, 07:09:03 EDT »

I’ve always wanted the SEC to break into NC and VA. Those are two big states within our geographic footprint that would expand our TV reach all the way up into Big 10 country. They just make sense. UNC and UVA would be preferable, but I’d take VPI, Duke, or NCSU too. I kinda wish we had held off on tx and OU and waited out the ACC’s inevitable demise.

It would suck for scheduling, though. The presumed upcoming 9 game conference slate would feature matchups with every other SEC school every two years, and a visit to every SEC campus every 4. It’s perfect. I don’t know how they’d handle scheduling for 18 or 20 schools.

I agree North Carolina & Virginia are my first choice. Not sure how I feel about other options. Might like to block Clemson for the hell of it 
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2023, 07:58:22 EDT »

I agree North Carolina & Virginia are my first choice. Not sure how I feel about other options. Might like to block Clemson for the hell of it  

There’s a lot of sentiment out there to invite Clemson. But it doesn’t make sense to double down in a small state like SC. FSU would also be redundant, but at least FL is a big state. Still, I’d prefer to expand into new states to increase the SECN’s revenue. For better or worse it’s a money game now, and the Big 10 will soon include the #’s 1, 2, 3, 4, and 8 media markets. We need to keep up.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2023, 03:37:55 EDT »

Virginia and NC would complete the old con-fedracy.   

Then it could be the CFC...Con-federate Football Conference. Just perfect for the times! 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: