VTTW Board Index
May 03, 2024, 10:21:13 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FootVOLS to ditch campus for fall practice  (Read 5388 times)
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: May 17, 2012, 11:30:26 EDT »

for a week in any case
http://www.govolsxtra.com/news/2012/may/17/ut-open-football-training-camp-milligan-college/

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2012, 11:49:43 EDT »

sounds like a great idea.  no distractions less chance of trouble

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2012, 12:10:50 EDT »

I don't care if they trek Iceland or go to ballet camp so long as they learn to run block.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2012, 12:11:15 EDT »

I can understand getting out of the way during the move into the new football complex, but any thoughts of making this a yearly thing need to be quashed by Hart.  You spend that kind of money on that freaking football Taj Mahal, you damn well better use it.  

BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2012, 01:00:08 EDT »

I can understand getting out of the way during the move into the new football complex, but any thoughts of making this a yearly thing need to be quashed by Hart.  You spend that kind of money on that freaking football Taj Mahal, you damn well better use it.  

You act as if it was built for some purpose other than to impress recruits.
10EC
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2012, 01:09:19 EDT »

Unless they go 14-0 this year
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2012, 01:33:27 EDT »

You act as if it was built for some purpose other than to impress recruits.

Yeah, but for that $45 mil, we could buy every player a new Yukon.  Or two. That's the approach bammer takes to recruiting, and it seems to be working out pretty well for them.

GreggO
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2012, 02:49:56 EDT »

Hart did say today that this is only going to happen this year.

G
BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2012, 03:55:11 EDT »

Maybe Dooley is trying to appease the professors who were bitching that the piped-in noise was too loud last fall.
GreggO
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2012, 04:20:11 EDT »

What I heard today on the sportsanimal was that the new football complex won't be ready in time for the start of practice. If the team has to use the practice field until it is ready, it would likely result in having the field re-sodded in October. The purpose of going off campus will save that expense and Hart said doing this next year is out of the question. So, it is a matter of convenience and cost more than anything else, but the team is going to bill it as a "team unity" expirience.

G   
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2012, 04:44:46 EDT »

I have a nephew who plays baseball for Milligan.   
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2012, 04:52:25 EDT »

What I heard today on the sportsanimal was that the new football complex won't be ready in time for the start of practice. If the team has to use the practice field until it is ready, it would likely result in having the field re-sodded in October. The purpose of going off campus will save that expense and Hart said doing this next year is out of the question. So, it is a matter of convenience and cost more than anything else, but the team is going to bill it as a "team unity" expirience.

G   

Well I can understand why it would be delayed.  It takes awhile to install those gold-plated tile floors, and the diamond-studded crown molding.  And I hear the museum will come complete with a Peyton Manning hologram that chants "Cut that meat!  Cut that meat!" all day long.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: