VTTW Board Index
May 02, 2024, 03:02:24 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Most points we scored against UF since 1990  (Read 1045 times)
Creek Walker
« on: September 25, 2016, 05:08:41 EDT »

I wasn't sure our struggling offense would be able to muster much success against Florida's defense. Actually, the first half went about like I expected it to in that regard (though I certainly didn't expect Florida's offense to have as much success as it did against our defense). But Dobbs looked very, very good in the second half on his downfield throws, and the receivers looked okay as well (though UF's vaunted secondary certainly did us several favors by completely busting their coverage...the most satisfying of which was loud-mouthed Tabor getting burned on the go-ahead score). Those 38 points are the most we've scored against Florida since 1990 (45-3), and tied for third-most ever (40-0 win in 1944, 38-7 win in 1970). A buddy predicted last night that we'd win 34-10. I told him if our offense scored 34 points in this game I'd run naked through town. Fortunately he hasn't called me yet. I hate to break a bet. 
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2016, 05:46:12 EDT »

Should have scored at end to tie record

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2016, 05:49:39 EDT »

Just think....we could have had 14-21 more the first half. Gave them 21 and then we didn't score inside the 5 the first half. Heck of a comeback
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: