VTTW Board Index
May 15, 2024, 05:51:26 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Not often that Sterl the Pearl gets shown up  (Read 556 times)
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: October 31, 2022, 01:32:31 EDT »

This is the Club Sterl segment last night

https://twitter.com/RedditCFB/status/1586832819141197832?s=20&t=Jj7Mdvw2oDGDCH9eODs2Ow

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2022, 02:48:08 EDT »

I haven't been to a home game this year, but it looks like they've really perfected the in-stadium experience. It comes through on TV. The atmosphere at Neyland just looks and sounds more charged up than anywhere else. It's quite the spectacle, and I would imagine it plays very well for potential recruits watching in person OR at home.

Creek Walker
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2022, 02:53:59 EDT »

I haven't been to a home game this year, but it looks like they've really perfected the in-stadium experience. It comes through on TV. The atmosphere at Neyland just looks and sounds more charged up than anywhere else. It's quite the spectacle, and I would imagine it plays very well for potential recruits watching in person OR at home.

Except the wi-fi. 
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2022, 02:55:52 EDT »

Except the wi-fi. 

Well, I've given up on that ever getting fixed.

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2022, 02:58:47 EDT »

Except the wi-fi. 
DW says it WILL be fixed next year
Probably going with a distributed antenna system

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Creek Walker
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2022, 03:11:26 EDT »

But aside from the wi-fi issue, yes, the in-stadium experience is the best it's ever been by a long shot. Herbstreit is only raving about it right now because he's gotten hammered so hard by UT fans over the past week, but he's not wrong. Everybody who is anybody has the fancy LED lights now, and obviously I haven't been to every stadium in P5 football by a long shot, but it's hard to imagine that anyone is doing night games any better than Tennessee right now.

My admiration of Danny White is on hold a little bit right now because he caved to the woke crowd on the Kasey Funderburg deal, but that's my political opinion and not a sports opinion. The best AD in our history is unquestionably Dickey...but White is Dickey on steroids at the moment. We've talked a lot about how much Josh Heupel has accomplished in two years, but how about how much White has accomplished in two years? Obviously the credit for the unprecedented success across all sports doesn't all go to White because most of the coaches were in place before he arrived and he's just benefiting from timing. But can you even start to imagine the difference between where we're at right now and where we'd be if Fulmer had been the AD for the past two years? Night and day.

Knoxville has always been a sports-crazed city that benefits from not having a major professional franchise in town. Danny White is 100% tapping the potential right now, and it feels like he's on the cusp of building a behemoth.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2022, 03:29:20 EDT »

The team also helps, and not just because they're good and they're winning. But all the big plays produced by this team on both sides of the ball means there are very few lulls in the action, allowing the crowd to sustain the noise level throughout the game. I recall some games over the past two decades where Neyland sounded like a mausoleum for most of the day. I watch games this year, and it's hard to believe that's the same stadium.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2022, 03:38:08 EDT »

The team also helps, and not just because they're good and they're winning. But all the big plays produced by this team on both sides of the ball means there are very few lulls in the action, allowing the crowd to sustain the noise level throughout the game. I recall some games over the past two decades where Neyland sounded like a mausoleum for most of the day. I watch games this year, and it's hard to believe that's the same stadium.

Yes… it’s the team, and the style of play.  But let’s be honest, the biggest reason is the winning. If we were 5-3 or 4-4 right now, the diehards that never stopped coming would still be coming and it would be a somewhat similar environment that it’s been in more recent years.  We’ve always known that if we could just somehow catch lightning in a bottle with a football coaching hire like we did when Pearl was hired, this place would be a powder keg.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2022, 04:59:47 EDT »

Good points by all....We suffered and I mean suffered through whatever that cluster was under Pruitt Gump and Gitmo. Folks tell the truth...we didn't go into any games with a real good positive feeling no mater who we were playing...Butch had a couple of good teams but the development....attitude and the coaching was bad...The first couple of seasons Butch was recruiting good that gave us hope until his BS wore thin and he was done...We suffered through 3 years of the worst coaching I have ever seen from a Gump that had no clue how to be a HC or leader....He pretty much told the players from day one they weren't good enough and would be recruited over....Not once with the bad hand Heupel was dealt has made excuses or told players they weren't good enough....He took some misfits...non SEC players....and in less than 2 years have us No.2 in the country and in playoff discussion...We have a coach...a staff...development....players playing for players and coaches...a offense that we can't explain...a defense getting better....2nd ranked in the country with 3 stars and kids that stuck here that had no place to go and players that just wanted to be  VOLS.

I can't explain it...and to be honest I don't want to know. I'm just enjoying the ride when less than 2 years ago that ride was off the rails. Go Vols.

« Last Edit: October 31, 2022, 05:56:01 EDT by Tnphil » Logged
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2022, 05:19:02 EDT »

“…an offense we can’t explain..”. Exactly!   

Everyone is open!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: