VTTW Board Index
May 03, 2024, 01:34:53 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So this time the question is more rhetorical  (Read 2114 times)
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« on: November 18, 2012, 06:23:21 EST »

Any more questions?

In three years Derek Dooley has 4 SEC wins. That is the same number as Joker Phillips and Ed Orgeron. James Franklin now has 5 SEC wins this year.

UT has lost 181 conference games in its 86 year SEC history. Derek Dooley has lost 19 of those.

Year one, we had a depleted roster and we were young.

Year two, we had injuries.

Year three, new defensive coordinator and scheme.

Dooley is a smart guy who is not a good football coach. He's very arrogant. He has no feel for how to call a game. His teams are undisciplined and not mentally tough. The players get thrown under the bus a lot. He always says the right things in a press conference, but he's just in over his head.

The day that Mike Hamilton took over as AD was the day when all of this started coming. Fulmer didn't respect Hamilton and thought he could do what he wanted in spite of him and rested on his laurels. Kiffin was a horrible hire... quite possibly the worse hire in SEC history considering Gary Patterson was ready to take the job. Dooley was a panic hire who was never qualified.

I'm sick to my stomach.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2012, 06:28:54 EST »

Thinking about how bad Dooley has been I think back to when he 1st started and he tried to change the culture and make them believe they were better than they were. It worked that 1st year. After that it just them think they were losers. That may have alot to do with why there is no mental toughness.
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2012, 06:34:08 EST »

Year 0 was his best year.

By all rights they beat LSU and North Carolina that year. It should've been a 8-5 year.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
Creek Walker
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2012, 07:07:02 EST »

This is easily the most talented team Dooley has had at UT, and it's the easiest schedule he has faced. Yet, without a win over Kentucky (which would surprise me), it will be his worst finish.

That's all anyone reasonable needs to know to be convinced that he cannot possibly be given more time. Any UT fan still arguing that at this point is just too stubborn to admit they were wrong. The program is clearly in reverse now. Dooley's schtick with the players isn't working. All of his shortcomings are being exposed and magnified on a weekly basis because his players do not trust him and do not respect him.

Tonight was the singular most embarrassing moment in the history of UT football, at least for as long as I've been old enough to understand what UT football is. Used to be, we would gripe and complain when Alabama beat us 41-13. But Vanderbilt? Vanderbilt?!?

Frankly, I'm sick of hearing the excuses about how Dooley inherited a poor situation. Of course he stepped into a mess. If it hadn't been a mess, he wouldn't have been given the opportunity to take the job. But James Franklin inherited a situation that was worse than what Dooley inherited. And he has more SEC wins THIS SEASON than Dooley has in three seasons . . . and he's doing it in year two.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2012, 08:50:23 EST »

He inherited a mess, but it's run it's course.  We can only hope better days are ahead.

A coaching change will create some chaos, but it's difficult to imagine anything worse than where the program is now.

The way things have been going, I don't want to "imagine worse", lol.   

Kentucky was a game I was kind of taking for granted, but that didn't work last week.    I guess we'll see what happens next week.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: