VTTW Board Index
May 03, 2024, 11:32:10 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: One other point  (Read 2125 times)
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: September 22, 2013, 04:40:37 EDT »

I know why we are doing it but the practice of having Bullard tap Stone to snap the ball really limits us on our ability to get mismatches with motion (though the wheel route Pig ran for the TD was off of motion where Pig ran in place till the snap).

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2013, 03:53:35 EDT »

You just can't have a tell like that against good teams and our schedule is full of teams like that.

Little things like that are making me start to question our offensive coaches. That and the regression of the o-line. Seems to me they were better last year.
IMHO Butch is going to have to take a long look at his staff. Talent fixes a lot but not everything, see Texas.

For the life of me I cannot understand how we give up the edge so often. It is either scheme or players and I don't know which. The buck stops with the coaches but at some point you have to take ownership of that as a player and keep your leverage.
Creek Walker
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2013, 04:01:41 EDT »

For the life of me I cannot understand how we give up the edge so often. It is either scheme or players and I don't know which. The buck stops with the coaches but at some point you have to take ownership of that as a player and keep your leverage.

Our defensive players are simply not coached well in alignment and technique. I've heard some people argue that they were coached so poorly last year that they're still trying to forget bad habits. I disagree. I think spring practice, fall camp and the first four games of the season is plenty enough time to be correcting such mistakes. Any team with the speed to exploit that -- which is pretty much every team left on our schedule -- is going to try to do so. The film doesn't lie.

It is especially frustrating when you consider that Florida probably didn't have 50 rushing yards between the hash marks.
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2013, 09:34:51 EDT »

You just can't have a tell like that against good teams and our schedule is full of teams like that.

Little things like that are making me start to question our offensive coaches. That and the regression of the o-line. Seems to me they were better last year.
IMHO Butch is going to have to take a long look at his staff. Talent fixes a lot but not everything, see Texas.

We are really not giving a "tell" as the center snaps the ball on the count.  The timing from the tap to the snap varies.  The other disadvantage is that the tackles are now reactionary, which may explain some of their problems the last two games.

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2013, 09:37:47 EDT »

Remember, this OL is really better suited for a pro style passing team. They don't really fit what Butch is trying to do. I suspect within two years the OL will look different. In fact I would not be surprised if the OL played better next year, and that would be a much younger OL.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: