VTTW Board Index
May 03, 2024, 11:58:14 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Maybe I was wrong, perhaps Mobley is a SEC level RB  (Read 2112 times)
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: December 01, 2013, 03:28:37 EST »

Oh wait, it's the Tennessee defense, never mind

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Jean Voljean
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2013, 03:30:39 EST »

I have eager seen.

Hope we hold now.
Jean Voljean
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2013, 03:33:59 EST »

Gotta give credit for that goal line effort and stop.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2013, 09:11:50 EST »

Gotta give credit for that goal line effort and stop.

That was a highlight for sure.  And the 98 yard drive for a TD was looking good until Marlin fumbled.  That's two weeks in a row we were about to potentially put a game out of reach in the red zone when a mishap killed it (the fumble this week, the block in the back last week).  Team needs to learn from that...focus must be for all four quarters, every play.  It's a sign of a team not used to winning.  Hope Butch can get things like that fixed.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2013, 12:34:43 EST »

Y'all know that I am a Dy'shawn Mobley supporter from the get go.  I watched him grow from a street kid in to one of the hardest working and most dedicated athletes anywhere.  He overcame a ton of obstacles that many wouldn't have been able to overcome to get the opportunity in life that he has in front of him. 

Y'all also know that I am a UT fan by birthright and have been a donor and season ticket holder for over 30 years now, although I don't get to go to as many games as I used to because of my work responsibilities. 

That said, I have found it humorous to read some of the other boards trashing Mobley today still claiming he wasn't "good enough" to play at UT.  It seems odd to me that a guy who just averaged over 8 yards per carry less than 24 hours ago against the same team they claim he couldn't play for wasn't/isn't good enough to help UT.   

One of those things that just makes me go hmmmmmm.  Where do they come up with this stuff? 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2013, 12:37:43 EST »

Y'all know that I am a Dy'shawn Mobley supporter from the get go.  I watched him grow from a street kid in to one of the hardest working and most dedicated athletes anywhere.  He overcame a ton of obstacles that many wouldn't have been able to overcome to get the opportunity in life that he has in front of him. 

Y'all also know that I am a UT fan by birthright and have been a donor and season ticket holder for over 30 years now, although I don't get to go to as many games as I used to because of my work responsibilities. 

That said, I have found it humorous to read some of the other boards trashing Mobley today still claiming he wasn't "good enough" to play at UT.  It seems odd to me that a guy who just averaged over 8 yards per carry less than 24 hours ago against the same team they claim he couldn't play for wasn't/isn't good enough to help UT.   

One of those things that just makes me go hmmmmmm.  Where do they come up with this stuff? 
Herb, the post was a bit tongue in cheek in that I was among those who thought Dy'Shawn would be a better LB than RB in the league.  Happy to see him prove me wrong, just wish it wasn't against us (though he had a good game against the pups as well)

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: