VTTW Board Index
May 02, 2024, 07:56:47 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I do not believe the end of the Michigan-ND game  (Read 3949 times)
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: September 11, 2011, 05:39:17 EDT »

Defense?  four letter word apparently

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Stogie Vol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2011, 05:54:52 EDT »

LOVE seeing ND snatch defeat out of the jaws of victory. 0-2...gotta love it.
GreggO
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2011, 05:58:16 EDT »

Listening to SportsTalk on the way to the tailgate this morning, some fan called in totally incredulous that he had heard Holtz on ESPN say, "Notre Dame won't lose another game this year; they are too talented". Now that the game is over (3 TD's in the last 1:12), I can now laugh about that.

(Good luck and be safe traveling the next couple of days! Bet you get increased MPG now that you've lost all the weight.)   

GreggO
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2011, 07:53:58 EDT »

Listening to SportsTalk on the way to the tailgate this morning, some fan called in totally incredulous that he had heard Holtz on ESPN say, "Notre Dame won't lose another game this year; they are too talented". Now that the game is over (3 TD's in the last 1:12), I can now laugh about that.

(Good luck and be safe traveling the next couple of days! Bet you get increased MPG now that you've lost all the weight.)   

GreggO

I put the game on pause with ND up 24-7, got busy and the end had rolled off, so did not see, but can't believe it.  MIchigan had not done shizzle on offense.

It is true that ND probably should not have lost either of its first two games.  But they did, so....

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2011, 01:44:28 EDT »

I'm reading this thread and can't believe it.  Went to sleep with ND up big...
BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2011, 03:43:52 EDT »

That was an amazing 4th quarter of football. Best game I've watched in a while.

And as much as I hate Michigan (due to every damyankee I know from Michigan trying to shove Wolverine football down our throats as if we give a heck here in the South), that stadium lit up at night with 107,000 yellow shakers was an incredible sight.
101stDad
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2011, 05:20:57 EDT »

LOVE seeing ND snatch defeat out of the jaws of victory. 0-2...gotta love it.

Plus 1. 
CobbWebb
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2011, 05:27:01 EDT »

It was the worst pass defense I have seen in a long time. One could argue, because it happened so many times, that the Michigan qb was underthrowing his receivers on purpose and they were coming back to the ball. Or one could say that he was just chunking the ball up for grabs and every time the ND db came up with the short end of the stick.

It was an amazing game in its own way but a classic it was not.

CW
bUTros bUTros-VOLlie
Special Teamer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2011, 05:37:13 EDT »

It was the worst pass defense I have seen in a long time. One could argue, because it happened so many times, that the Michigan qb was underthrowing his receivers on purpose and they were coming back to the ball. Or one could say that he was just chunking the ball up for grabs and every time the ND db came up with the short end of the stick.

It was an amazing game in its own way but a classic it was not.

CW

Man, I totally agree with that, but give ESPN and all of them time....it will be a classic. They'll prop that up by it being the first under the lights at Michigan.
Robinson should have left for Vegas right after the game. He would have won a couple million easy.

Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their Orange. - Qwerty Vol Underwood
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: