VTTW Board Index
May 04, 2024, 01:12:24 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Things I want to see this week  (Read 4014 times)
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« on: October 15, 2018, 04:45:04 EDT »

We're not going to beat Bama, they're next level this year, especially on offense.

However, I'd like to see us slow them down... they thrive on jumping on top early and just keep going. How can we do this? Maybe keep it a game for a while and make them sweat?

Run game will be key - A little pressure on Tua would be good (is he even going to play?)
« Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 09:46:41 EDT by Volznut » Logged
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2018, 05:24:40 EDT »

A bammer buddy told me yesterday that bammer has scored on the second play of every game this season.  Now....my freind is often FOS, so take that with a grain of salt.  Bu tI think they have definitely scored on every first drive.  Maybe we can change that.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2018, 07:30:39 EDT »

Word I've seen on a couple of Bama boards is Tua isn't playing against us....He had his knee scoped yesterday. I have no idea if he is or isn't playing but we can't rundown or catch Jalen Hurts anyway. It might help us against them in the passing game and our 1% chance of beating them went up to 2%.
Creek Walker
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2018, 07:34:56 EDT »

Word I've seen on a couple of Bama boards is Tua isn't playing against us....He had his knee scoped yesterday. I have no idea if he is or isn't playing but we can't rundown or catch Jalen Hurts anyway. It might help us against them in the passing game and our 1% chance of beating them went up to 2%.

I'm very skeptical about those reports. It would be...unusual, to say the least, for him to have his knee scoped so soon after the injury. Either way, as you point out, Hurts is just about as good as Tua.
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2018, 09:47:46 EDT »

Hurts isn't remotely as good a passer as Tua. Tua's next level good as a passer.

However, Hurts is plenty good enough to beat the crap out of us

CrossVol
Starter

Peyton in 2012!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2018, 11:37:00 EDT »

I'm very skeptical about those reports. It would be...unusual, to say the least, for him to have his knee scoped so soon after the injury. Either way, as you point out, Hurts is just about as good as Tua.

That would be progress if bama feels the need to put out false personnel availability info.

Wherever you go, there you are.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2018, 12:09:43 EDT »

My buddy was in fact FOS about the brace,   I share skepticism about the scope.

Finally, although Tua is obviously the best passer, given how we pressured fromm and stidham I wonder if he's actually a better matchup for us?  Or better yet, a wounded Tua is.  I hope he starts and we sack him 3-4 times, Hurd comes in and throws 2 picks.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2018, 01:16:41 EDT »

It's a knee that he hurt 2 weeks ago. After this weekend they decided to have it scoped.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2018, 02:14:07 EDT »

From Saban's press conference:

quote:
    “Tua hasn’t missed a day of practice,” Saban said. “He could’ve gone back in the game, like I said (Saturday). He’s going to practice today. Probably better this week than he was last week, so we’re going to see how he does in practice and continue to evaluate him.

“As long as the medical staff clears him, we’ll keep working him to try to get him ready to play in the game.”
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2018, 02:51:09 EDT »

From Saban's press conference:

quote:
    “Tua hasn’t missed a day of practice,” Saban said. “He could’ve gone back in the game, like I said (Saturday). He’s going to practice today. Probably better this week than he was last week, so we’re going to see how he does in practice and continue to evaluate him.

“As long as the medical staff clears him, we’ll keep working him to try to get him ready to play in the game.”

Finebaum said today that in his opinion Tua should be rested. Bammer has a bye week, then plays LSU.  Two weeks of rest will ensure he is ready to go.

But then a guest he had on the phone (unsure who) said "we know Saban approaches it like it;s the NFL.  If a starter can go, he goes".  And Finebaum agreed and said the idea to sit Tua was just his dumb idea (He actually said "my vapid balloon" but he meant dumb idea  ).

So FWIW, the consensus is that saban doesn't sit players who can play.  But we won't find out until a few minutes before kickoff, I am sure.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 03:27:03 EDT by BanditVol » Logged

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2018, 06:05:05 EDT »

If Tua can play he will. He is in a heisman race

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2018, 10:50:06 EDT »

Quote from: Volznut link=topic3-3 =37825.msg184799#msg184799 date=1539705905
If Tua can play he will. He is in a heisman race

That didn't matter to Bryant and should not matter to saban, although unlike Bryant saban actually does allow UA to promote his players.  No doubt he sees the value for recruiting. 

But I agree with what Greg McElroy said yesterday.  A game against 3-3 Tennessee isn't going to matter in the Heisman race. 

And let me add that Tua really doesn't deserve the Heisman anyway.  Given his support cast, any decent QB could put up big numbers.  Bammer's issue is they have rarely had a QB that is even decent.   For instance that tool that's with Oakland now (AJ McCarron) seemed to actually think it was him that was doing it.  And his mama sure did also.     But most if not all of bammer's OL will play in the NFL, as will their RBs and WRs.  It's asking too much for the Heisman committee to factor that in, but they really should IMO. 

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2018, 09:51:44 EDT »

Tua gets insane numbers then yes it will matter. Saban doesn't care  - unless Tua is really not ready, he will play

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2018, 11:00:08 EDT »

Tua gets insane numbers then yes it will matter. Saban doesn't care  - unless Tua is really not ready, he will play

Well it will matter when he throws two picks and gets sacked 3-4 times, but not in a postivie way.

I want him to play.  We pressured both Fromm and Stidham really well, and Georgia unlike Auburn has a good OL.  A gimpy Tua running for his life is what I want to see.

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2018, 02:33:58 EDT »

Don't think he is gimpy at all.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2018, 03:50:59 EDT »

Don't think he is gimpy at all.

Well we will find out! 

For the record, he limped a bit against Mizzou even before the hit and was wearing a brace

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: