VTTW Board Index
May 07, 2024, 06:15:53 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Finished the main story on AC-R- Question for those who have finished the game..  (Read 4035 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: April 23, 2012, 03:05:47 EDT »

Is it worth my time to do the thing with Desmond?  Will I be missing out on some big plot device if I don't?  Because that whole deal seems pretty tedious and boring to me.   

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2012, 04:47:59 EDT »

I haven't even started the Desmond part.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2012, 05:33:39 EDT »

I enjoyed the game, but the series has gotten a bit repetitive.  I'm glad that the character and setting will be changing this year.  I also hope they improve the controls.  I hate when you're running through the street, get too close to a wall, and then find yourself climbing that wall when you really just wanted to run around it.  And Ezio seems like a somewhat agile guy, so why does he fall to the ground everytime he bumps into someone while running?

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2012, 05:43:37 EDT »

A friend at work recently bought RDR, and we've been playing online a lot.  That's such a great game.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2012, 05:48:47 EDT »

A friend at work recently bought RDR, and we've been playing online a lot.  That's such a great game.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to the next game in that series.  I just hope it's a prequel and not a sequel, assuming it's the same cast of characters.  I'm not a fan of Jack.

BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2012, 06:14:50 EDT »

I have been replaying RDR some lately. I wasn't a huge fan of the actual gameplay but the world and graphics were awesome. Maybe Rockstar's best yet, and that's saying a lot after the GTA series. I tried multiplayer but it sucked. I think if you had a group of people you knew who were playing, it would be a lot of fun but getting on and playing with strangers, not so much so.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2012, 06:24:55 EDT »

I have been replaying RDR some lately. I wasn't a huge fan of the actual gameplay but the world and graphics were awesome. Maybe Rockstar's best yet, and that's saying a lot after the GTA series. I tried multiplayer but it sucked. I think if you had a group of people you knew who were playing, it would be a lot of fun but getting on and playing with strangers, not so much so.

Yeah, I tried multiplayer when it first came out and hated it.  What really sucks are the vultures who wait at respawn points to cap you before you even get the chance to orient yourself.  I guess now that the game has been out for awhile there won't be as many of those types online anymore.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2012, 06:47:32 EDT »

Right.  When the game first came out I tried online multiplayer but never really went back to it because, like you said, it's not that much fun alone.  But with buddies it's fun attacking gang hideouts and doing the challenges with a team member.  At this point in online play, you don't have many lone wolves rambling around doing whatever... you have a handful of 4-man posses roaming the map.  They're usually highly ranked and have the best weapons, so me and my RDR buddy usually try to wait until we can get one or two of them separated from the group.  But taking on a whole posse is suicide. 

I usually at least try out any game I get online.  Of course I'm addicted to BF3 online on the PC, but so far to me RDR is the most fun I've had on a PS3 multiplayer game.  You can do the challenges where you're taking on computer-controlled bots or you can be brave and take on the other human-controlled characters.  Just the fact that it's still an open world, and the element of virtual danger with the other posse's running around.  And the world and graphics keep me immersed.

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2012, 07:17:34 EDT »

I think a neat idea for the next game would be to have Seth the grave robber in his younger days (before he went crazy) in California during the Gold Rush.  He's a treasure hunter, so that would seem a natural setting for him.  You could have San Francisco as a base of operations, along with all the surrounding mountains, valleys, lakes, and deserts. 

The only drawback is that the Gold Rush occurred about 60 years before RDR, so you'd have to make the leap to believe that Seth was in his 80s in the first game.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2012, 08:53:27 EDT »

I think a neat idea for the next game would be to have Seth the grave robber in his younger days (before he went crazy) in California during the Gold Rush.  He's a treasure hunter, so that would seem a natural setting for him.  You could have San Francisco as a base of operations, along with all the surrounding mountains, valleys, lakes, and deserts. 

The only drawback is that the Gold Rush occurred about 60 years before RDR, so you'd have to make the leap to believe that Seth was in his 80s in the first game.
that would be cool.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: