VTTW Board Index
May 03, 2024, 05:38:15 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anticipation builds  (Read 2238 times)
Creek Walker
« on: August 05, 2015, 05:45:06 EDT »

Someone remind me again why this team will be lucky to win 8 games this season. Because I've consistently believed 8 wins is worth getting excited about given the questions about depth, the OL, WR and even at QB. But the more I read VolQuest's reports, the more I find myself letting go of reality. When they start talking about this OL actually looking like an SEC OL, I start to think, "10 wins or bust."

(I don't really believe that, but it's nice to dream.)
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2015, 07:01:32 EDT »

Someone remind me again why this team will be lucky to win 8 games this season. Because I've consistently believed 8 wins is worth getting excited about given the questions about depth, the OL, WR and even at QB. But the more I read VolQuest's reports, the more I find myself letting go of reality. When they start talking about this OL actually looking like an SEC OL, I start to think, "10 wins or bust."

(I don't really believe that, but it's nice to dream.)

The thing holding people back from believing is recent history. So many people are saying basically "yeah, they look like they should be better on paper but they haven't beaten anybody in so long."

But when you actually break the team down position by position the picture is pretty damn rosy. I still have concerns about OL and we need a solid MLB, but we have the pieces everywhere else. Give me a reasonably healthy roster and this should be a highly competitive team.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

VOLMAN
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2015, 07:06:17 EDT »

past couple of years, but we haven't beat a truly good team in years so I'll cheer and pull for the Vols but reality says we could easily duplicate last years record. I think 8 is very realistic and 9 a distinct possibility given a few breaks and no injuries.....GO VOLS!           
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2015, 07:09:49 EDT »

Until the OL is proven, I am staying pat on my prediction of 8 wins.  We still have a very tough schedule.

A more recent concern is WR due to the absence of Von Pearson and that 3 top guys are coming back from serious injuries.  I am going to continue to be cautious.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2015, 07:09:59 EDT »

Barring injury, it's easy to envision 10 or even 11 wins for this team.

Of course, "barring injury" is the tricky part.  When is the last time we stayed relatively injury free?  Heck, when is the last time our day one starting QB made it through a whole season unscathed?  I'd put our starting 22 up against anyone, but we still don't have upper echelon SEC depth at several positions.  We take a hit at QB, RB, OL, or CB, and we're in big trouble.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 07:11:55 EDT by Black Diamond Vol » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: