VTTW Board Index
May 20, 2024, 03:57:12 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Tom Herman soon have more big time coaching offers than anyone else in  (Read 3117 times)
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: September 07, 2016, 04:18:33 EDT »

the game after this season? He has Houston playing really well. Think what he could do with an SEC schools money. He could end up at Columbus after sad pizza decides to step down. Always puzzling how schools like Houston and Memphis get the talent to beat P5 schools.

volsboyinsodak
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2016, 05:18:23 EDT »

It was said during the Houston-OU game that the average miles from campus Herman has recruited and signed players since he's been there is 35 (thirty five) miles. The average for P5 schools was around 307 miles. Some of the best recruiting in the country is in the Houston area...so what if he has to travel even 100 miles to pickup a few more.

Houston is about to be part of the Big Whatever Conference.....and money isn't a problem. The chancellor at Houston is the highest paid chancellor in the country at 1.3 million per year. Herman isn't going anywhere IMO.
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2016, 05:36:57 EDT »

It was said during the Houston-OU game that the average miles from campus Herman has recruited and signed players since he's been there is 35 (thirty five) miles. The average for P5 schools was around 307 miles. Some of the best recruiting in the country is in the Houston area...so what if he has to travel even 100 miles to pickup a few more.

Houston is about to be part of the Big Whatever Conference.....and money isn't a problem. The chancellor at Houston is the highest paid chancellor in the country at 1.3 million per year. Herman isn't going anywhere IMO.
What about Memphis? They had a bigger win than the Vols last year. (Ole Miss)

volsboyinsodak
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2016, 06:09:52 EDT »

Memphis what? If you referring to them going to the Big Whatever Conf.....that ship has already sailed. Memphis was dropped last week as being in the running.
LouisVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2016, 07:07:57 EDT »

He won't have to leave for money, Houston can pay whatever it takes.  If he leaves, it would be ego-driven.  As to Memphis, his stock was sinking like a rock, so he was lucky to land on his feet.

My pronouns are:  I, Me, My, and Mine
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2016, 07:35:18 EDT »

Heard a talking head today say that Herman has a clause in his Houston contract that says that if Houston becomes a member of a Power 5 conference that his salary immediately goes to $5 million per year at Houston, which could give him incentive to say because Houston is going to be a member of the Big 12 sooner rather than later. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2016, 08:07:36 EDT »

Not sure they will put Houston in.   But maybe.  It was in the SWC at one point.

I was thinking BYU had a pretty good shot. 

There is talk they might go to 14 teams, in which case 3 and 4 would be Cincy and either one of the florida schools or SMU. 

Air Force seems fairly attractive, but having a service academy....any service academy in a P5 conference seems like a negative.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2016, 02:18:01 EDT »

There is no way they pass on Houston.  Just too much pressure to do it now, even though Texas will be against it.  Houston makes too much sense. 

Houston and BYU are the two that will be added, IMO. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2016, 02:32:13 EDT »

There is no way they pass on Houston.  Just too much pressure to do it now, even though Texas will be against it.  Houston makes too much sense. 

Houston and BYU are the two that will be added, IMO. 

Agree.....And Texas will be kicking and screaming.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: