VTTW Board Index
May 04, 2024, 10:18:10 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I am sick of seeing Bray screw the pooch for this team...  (Read 3993 times)
crockettman
Starter

View Profile
« on: October 21, 2012, 04:21:20 EDT »

He is the weakest link for this team..yeah he's got an arm but his head is clearly not in any SEC games so far...throwing behind and over receivers,starring down receivers and throwing int's..he has given away every game this season
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2012, 04:40:16 EDT »

Me too.  Poor decisions, poor throws, and does not respond well under pressure. I actually think he was better as a freshman.

I liked the way Lane ran the ball.

We still suck setting the edge. How can they not get that?
crockettman
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2012, 04:46:31 EDT »

Defense gave up a couple big td plays but played hard especially against the run and UT was still in the game in the 3rd qtr...Bray did absolutely nothing to help his team early in the game and from mid 3rd qtr on..Pathetic!!
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2012, 02:33:07 EDT »

Bray is overrated but look at Vinnie's thread on yardage allowed.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2012, 02:34:10 EDT »

I mean bray played well enough overall to beat the first three teams we lost to. It's not fair to lay it all on his shoulders.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
crockettman
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2012, 03:52:38 EDT »

Bray is overrated but look at Vinnie's thread on yardage allowed.
Well when you have a qb throwing int's or behind receivers going 3 and out that defense can only hold for so long till they break..Same thing happened against Fla and Ga...when they have a shot and need it the most he f@&Ks it up
ChattanoogaVol
All-SEC

Time is best spent with family and friends.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2012, 04:14:28 EDT »

We are getting worse as the season goes along it seems like.............................question..................are our players that DAMN DUMB, OR ARE THE COACHES JUST THAT DAMN DUMB????????????????????????????????HOW MANY TIMES DO YOU HAVE TO SEE A PLAY TO COVER IT, OR FIND A GAP TO GET OPEN IN?  We moved the ball running on them in the 2nd quarter, so it makes sense to start throwing it 3 straight times for 3 and outs how many times in a row??

« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 04:18:27 EDT by ChattanoogaVol » Logged

Go Big Orange.
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2012, 05:05:44 EDT »

Well when you have a qb throwing int's or behind receivers going 3 and out that defense can only hold for so long till they break..Same thing happened against Fla and Ga...when they have a shot and need it the most he f@&Ks it up

Tyler Bray is not the sole reason why this team is bad and in the two games you mention he played well enough to win and the defense lost. Tyler Bray's play is not the reason why the defense has given up over 2100 yards in four SEC games.

I agree that Tyler is not really a good QB, nor a mentally tough one, but I don't like it when fans ignore the truth that is smacking them in the face and pick out one player to rail on.

JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2012, 05:31:42 EDT »

Our D has, and continues to be, suspect. There is no doubt that there are problems with the defense that have to be corrected before UT will ever compete in the SEC.

Having said that, our offense, which was thought to be our strong suit, is stagnant. At first, we couldn't run effectively. Now we can't throw the ball effectively, but we are running it better. I think that Bray is a big part of the problem right now with our offense. He is not getting it done.

When you have problems on defense and you cannot keep them off of the field, you magnify those problems.  I would even suggest that part of the problems on D stem from the fact that they are on the field way too much. We are under-manned, and the amount of TOP they are forced to endure is a problem.

As an addendum, I also think that the hurry-up offense, with the issues we have on the defensive side of the ball, is quite possibly a poor strategic choice for this team.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2012, 11:21:28 EDT »

I would even suggest that part of the problems on D stem from the fact that they are on the field way too much.

No doubt this is a factor, but definitely it's much worse than just this one thing.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2012, 01:12:11 EDT »

agree with the ex-boss, the defense is pathetic. That is our big issue. Bama's defense has made everyone look foolish this year

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: