VTTW Board Index
May 04, 2024, 01:20:32 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Game Report  (Read 2906 times)
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: October 21, 2012, 05:21:37 EDT »

QB: bray regressed badly tonight.  It was like he decided pre snap where he was throwing the ball.  On the 3rd down play after we had 12 men on the field, before we failed on 4th down the only person covering the FB down the middle was the back judge.  On the first pick Lane may have went the wrong way but it would be helpful if Bray actually looked before he threw the ball.  He was high and late most of the night.

RB:  lane spent most of the first half dancing, like last year.  He did catch the ball well, possibly one of our top receivers.  Young did ok,missed at least one blitz pick up.

WR:  Hunter had another big drop and CP was no factor.  ZRO no catches.  Rivera missed blocks, one big catch (burned them on a blitz), otherwise a wasted game.

OL:  Foster went out with an injury and as a result Bullard changed from 89 to 78.  The line played not bed, best unit on the offense.

DL:  no pressure.  Played the run reasonably well early.

LB:  AJ lot of tackles, still can't cover receivers.  The only LB worse at coverage is Lathers.  I'm not sure J Smith played.  Maggitt no factor.

DB:  all 5 SUCKED!  Waggner worst night at corner ever.  Burned at least twice and run support wasn't any better.  Gordon couldn't cover his shadow.  Moore? Ran out of fingers counting missed tackles.  McNeil played like a freshman.  We would blitz and either the safety wouldn't move over to cover or we would try to cover a WR with a LB.  at least twice we should have been in position to make plays on a receiver (Coleman and Waggner) but took ourselves out of the play.  The stat is called passes defended but we defended ourselves out of the play, heck Coleman couldn't even get a PI call on the play.

Believe it or not we won the kicking game.

This crap is getting old.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 05:37:27 EDT by PirateVOL » Logged

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2012, 02:20:40 EDT »

I suspect it will only get worse. Bray just doesnt care. If he did he would have spent more time in the film room which he obviously has not done.....either that or he is stupid.

Its the same old thing every year......our offense gets worse and worse as people figure out what we are doing and Chaney either will not or cannot adjust his game plan or plays. The only difference is this year the defense is so bad it is pathetic.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2012, 07:19:37 EDT »

Its the same old thing every year......our offense gets worse and worse as people figure out what we are doing and Chaney either will not or cannot adjust his game plan or plays. The only difference is this year the defense is so bad it is pathetic.

Hm.  Did you mean 2010, when we started Bray the last four games and averaged 37 ppg for those games?

Maybe 2011, when Bray came back for the last two games, did pretty well against Vandy but stunk it up against UK?

I don't really see how you can say that in a general way, or any way at all, that our offenses have always declined because the other teams figured Chaney out.   

Good news...you might be overstating the case a bit.

Our offense could have played much better at times, but bammer does lead the country in just about every defensive  category.

It will get better from this game on offense.  Trust me. 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2012, 07:36:15 EDT »

Hm.  Did you mean 2010, when we started Bray the last four games and averaged 37 ppg for those games?

Maybe 2011, when Bray came back for the last two games, did pretty well against Vandy but stunk it up against UK?

I don't really see how you can say that in a general way, or any way at all, that our offenses have always declined because the other teams figured Chaney out.   

Good news...you might be overstating the case a bit.

Our offense could have played much better at times, but bammer does lead the country in just about every defensive  category.

It will get better from this game on offense.  Trust me. 

OK. Lets see what happens.

All I know is that I have a whole lot more done consistently with less than we have now. (on offense)....(or defense for that matter) Our defense looks like we are trying to fit a round plug in a square hole. It looks like we are trying to play a specific scheme with little regard for the talent on the field. I am sure I am overstating it though. I expect we will win out and beat everyone by 30 plus every game, Bray will win the Hiesman, Hunter and patterson will finish tied for 2nd in the heisman, the entire o & d lines will win the outland trophy and all our lb's will share in the butkus award. 
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2012, 11:52:38 EDT »

OK. Lets see what happens.

All I know is that I have a whole lot more done consistently with less than we have now. (on offense)....(or defense for that matter) Our defense looks like we are trying to fit a round plug in a square hole. It looks like we are trying to play a specific scheme with little regard for the talent on the field. I am sure I am overstating it though. I expect we will win out and beat everyone by 30 plus every game, Bray will win the Hiesman, Hunter and patterson will finish tied for 2nd in the heisman, the entire o & d lines will win the outland trophy and all our lb's will share in the butkus award. 

Defense is very bad, and seems to be improving very slowly, if at all.

Offense did not have their best game last night, but were playing what is basically a (bought and paid for imo) NFL defense.  If you have a bad night against the best D in the country, it's going to look bad.

If we can hang 44 on Georgia, we can certainly hang 44 on Missouri. I hope we don't have to, because frankly thier offense isn't that good anyway.

The team may quit.  I really don't want them to though.

The only way we finish the season really badly is if the team quits.  They may, but I would hate to see that no matter who the coach is next year. 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2012, 12:05:03 EDT »

The defense actually played pretty well in the first half.  After half time they exploited missmatches primarily with our middle backers and safeties.  In addition they exposed, again, our corners.  The big surprise t me last night was how poorly Waggner played, compared to all the games prior to last night.\\
our defense needs a serious upgrade in speed.

Bray was off, very off last night but unlike some I'm not ready to throw him out with the bathwater. 

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2012, 04:30:31 EDT »

The defense actually played pretty well in the first half.  After half time they exploited missmatches primarily with our middle backers and safeties.  In addition they exposed, again, our corners.  The big surprise t me last night was how poorly Waggner played, compared to all the games prior to last night.\\
our defense needs a serious upgrade in speed.

Bray was off, very off last night but unlike some I'm not ready to throw him out with the bathwater. 

My problem with Bray is not his talent, its his maturity or lack of it. It is painfully obvious he does not work at his craft. If he did he would not panic, not lock onto a guy, and be able to see wide open guys. That is what top qb's do that play the classic drop back style.

My problem with Chaney is he over complicates things. How many times did bama and other teams complete 3rd and medium to short by running routes right in front of the qb's eyes instead of something angling toward the sideline.

The game should be played as simple as possible especially when you have great talent. The only piece we are missing talent wise on offense is a stud running back. We have some guys who should be able to fill in good enough and still make people respect the run. I think we were opening some running lanes. The defense is the biggest issue this year or we would not be discussing Dooley but I still don't like Chaney as the OC.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: